Galaxy tab 3 videocall is not working

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Galaxy tab 3 videocall is not working

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (GT-P5210) w/ stock Android 4.2.2 & WiFi (home network), Skype v3.2.0.6673

Videocall is not working. Soundcall works fine, but video does not. Icon for videocall does not even appear. But videocalls work with other applications with the same device.

Barri.
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 40 (20,874 Views)

Re: Galaxy tab 3 videocall is not working

I have the same problem on the GT-P5210. The "enable video calls" check box is grayed out in the settings. I can click on it and get a dialog box saying "Enabling video chats", but after that dialog is gone the setting is still not activated.

manybodycpa
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 40 (20,846 Views)

What the hell is happening with skype I have a samsung galaxy tab 3 p5200....here is the problem...
1st time when you run skype video works fine the moment you sign out or just after the first skype video call...you cannot use the video feature again...
the solution is to uninstall skype and reinstall again to be able to do one video call once again.... can anyone at skype give us some feedback how to solve that issue or when will a hotfix be available

Posted from Samsung Galaxy Nexus
niresh
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 3 of 40 (20,569 Views)

Having same problem works once, then when you turn off tablet video is greyed out
gosport1
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 40 (20,360 Views)

I have just made a purchase of a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (GT-P5210)

After a bit of a wait it downloads and it appears sort of normal BUT I have no way of being able to LOG OFF

While the download was in progress a message appeared stating that my video calls would NOT be clear, and that Skype were working on the problem with regards to getting my particular tablet model recognized, and they were working on the matter...a couple of days ago I had the Tab 2 which did work with Skype, but took it back and decided to buy the tab 3 instead ...of which it appears does not work with Skype

PLEASE SKYPE GET THIS MATTER SORTED OUTSOON !!

victor21
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 5 of 40 (20,014 Views)

I have the same issue on my tab. I've got the same version. I really need this resolved :sad:(((
diashah
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 40 (19,597 Views)

Video calling is not supported on my tab3 gt-p5210
diashah
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 40 (19,595 Views)

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem. I did the setup for my parents tablet, then for no reason the icon for video calling has disappeared, and I blamed my parents for that thinking they tinkered with the device. How come this has not been solved yet by Skype? Unless this is a Samsung related problem...they might blame it on each other and do nothing about it...what a shame...

deress
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 8 of 40 (19,453 Views)

I have also galaxt tab 3 10.1 p 5210 and having same problem video calling working but what's the solution of that :sad:
Posted from Apple iPhone
Zeeshanali
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 40 (19,397 Views)

Same here with Tab 3 10.1, and it looks like it should skype problem? As tab3 should meet all the hardware and software requirement with skype. But no solution yet from Skype???

billybhb
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 40 (19,184 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling