Download Skype for Galaxy Note (Android) in China

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Download Skype for Galaxy Note (Android) in China

I am living in China and I bought a Galaxy Note here with Android. I got a VPN account to access Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc., and everything is working fine, except Skype, which I really cannot download. At Google Play website a message shows up: "This item isn't available in your country". However, a friend of mine got a Galaxy SII here and he could download and install Skype on his mobile easily.

Does someone knows what can be done?

dehcoutinho
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 1 of 9 (10,783 Views)

Re: Download Skype for Galaxy Note (Android) in China

If you are unable to download the application from the Android Market (Play store), Skype for Android is available for free at the following address:
http://www.getjar.com/

I recommend a search for your problem and to download the latest Skype.
To get the most out of Skype I recommend Skype Premium.
Found this post useful? Please give Kudos↘. Helped to fix your issue? Mark it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
petzkin
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 35
Message 2 of 9 (10,768 Views)

I did it, but the file I have downloaded is "static.getjar.com". Also Android blocked this file because it is not trustfull.

What do you recomend me to do?

dehcoutinho
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 3 of 9 (10,756 Views)

Hi, did this end up working for you in China?
bryantw7
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 9 (8,577 Views)

Ttt
Posted from Acer A510
uk3406
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 9 (7,026 Views)

Ok
Posted from Samsung GT-N7100
GM4
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 9 (3,015 Views)

Hey guys, I'm in China too right now and experienced this problem. When I accessed Google Play on the android phone itself, I could never find Skype let alone install it. I just got around it though.

What you can do is to open your computer browser using your VPN, google "skype android" or whatever it is and get to Google Play's Skype page (on your computer internet browser, that is, NOT on your android phone). Make sure you're logged into the google account that you use on your android phone. Then click the "Install" button. After a few seconds, your phone should begin the installation of Skype.

rozaine
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 9 (1,441 Views)

The great firewall of China even blocks VPNs proxy servers.
I am surviving without them, but I don't use twitter or facebook.
If you follow this advice without having a VPN, the google "Skype Android" search results are still lacking the real Skype application itself. You could try removing your Chinese SIM card which means using Wifi, which may also be re-directing you to the dodgy Chinese TOM Skype site.

I found this link and am downloading it now. TIC (This is China!)
www. freewarelovers.com/android/download/temp/[removed for privacy]2_Skype_1.0.0.659.apk

Murrance
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 9 (898 Views)

I love to wish all people all over the wold to get a wonderful in the year 2014 with happiness success mor and mor profit. Best from Phaly Cambodian.
Posted from Android 4.1
Kong.phaly
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 9 (824 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling