Re: Double ring back tone -- bug?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Double ring back tone -- bug?

Hey there,
So here's the strange problem I face... when i place a voice call over skype, I hear a rinback tone (generated by skype) immediately. After a while I hear the second ring back tone played simultaneously. The 2nd ring back is the authentic one that is actually played when the phone on the other end is ringing.

Anyone else face this?

skype version:

ICS 4.0.4

phone:
Motorola RAZR XT910

Posted from Generic Android
seepatplay
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 7 (1,608 Views)

Same problem. It's so annoying. Especially since the skype ringtone keeps on coming once or twice after the other end picked up the phone and I can't really communicate them for another 10 embarrassing seconds. Makes me appear SO unprofessional in business related calls :sad: The whole Skype software is a total mess.
nbettenburg
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 7 (1,581 Views)

My Skype started double ringing a week or so ago. I finally figured out my problem. It is ringing in the Skype application and also in the browser window where I have Outlook open, I guess because my Skype and Hotmail accounts are linked. I can only see the answer/decline pop-up for the Outlook call if I am on that browser page. If I don't have Outlook open, it doesn't ring twice. If I do, it does, and the call will not stop ringing when I answer the call in Skype. I have to either go to the Outlook browser tab and decline the second call, or I can close the browser if I'm not really doing anything right that minute. That makes the ringing stop.  I do not have any ability to adjust the Skype settings in Outlook, or initiate calls/see my contacts, so I cannot chose to only have one or the other application open. I wonder if the Skype plug-in/extension addresses that? (It's not available where I am.) It looks like the only real fix availabe to me would be to de-link the two accounts? Does anyone have any other ideas?

fsNotATech
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 7 (984 Views)

helo..
Posted from Opera Mini 7
hapeecolgate
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 7 (980 Views)

I hopefully have the solution if you have Outlook and merged contact into Skype for some reason there is something in outlook making it ring as well. So if you don't need all you outlook contacts unlink it with Skype. https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12211/how-do-i-unlink-my-skype-and-microsoft-or-facebook-accounts Hope this helps
chatty16
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 7 (690 Views)

Awesome - thanks so much!!!

fsNotATech
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 7 (672 Views)

Glad to help and for everyone reading these posts it does work when unlinked and yeah!!!! no more double ringing and its all back to normal......
chatty16
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 7 (666 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling