Changing profile / user on Android Tablet

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Changing profile / user on Android Tablet

I bought a touchtab2 at Christmas - all is going well but I have a problem with Skype. 
This android was for my daughter but at the start I signed onto my own skype name and since then we cannot change the user so we are stuck with my profile. I use Skype at work and all my information including contact names and conversations are obviously popping up on my daughter's tablet.
Can I uninstall skype or at least change the user profile?
Your help would be appreciated.
thanks
Barrie Brown
BarrieBrownWork
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 6 (6,253 Views)

Re: Changing profile / user on Android Tablet

I have the same problem. It may be worth trying to uninstall from a PC.

Good luck
Posted from Apple iPad
Aminainlondon
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 6 (5,995 Views)

[ Edited ]

you both should be able to sign out as you exit Skype (see the sign out icon in top right corner of the main screen), which should present the login screen when Skype is next started -- uninstall/re-install should not be necessary

N.B. the option to 'Exit and sign me in when Skype starts' should NOT be ticked -- otherwise you won't see the login screen when Skype is next started

Quitting_Skype_for_Android.jpg

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 822
Message 3 of 6 (5,957 Views)

Thank you. it worked, although on my tablet I had to click on the name on the left of the screen , this opened the profile box where I could sign out.

Thanks.

Aminainlondon
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 6 (5,953 Views)

I don't have such possibility on my android skype. I can only sign out, but no possibility to change username like on PC.
Posted from Samsung GT-I9100P
Maris.E
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 6 (3,534 Views)

Got the same problem.

Basically you need to go settings > untick the sign in automatically > sign out >> enter your new username and password.

KevinKurniawan
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 6 (1,418 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling