Cant install skype after very long download on gal...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Cant install skype after very long download on gallaxy indulge

Downloaded 8 times today. Will not install. Says insufficient storage. BS. I have 1 1/2gb internal and 2 3/4 gb external. No help from skype. Old version was seamless then new version self installed and wouldnt let phone sleep. Battery drained so I uninstalled. Tried to reinstall to see if it was fixed and its just garbage. Lying to me ,etc
Help
Posted from Samsung SCH-R910
jgrant012
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (197 Views)

Re: Cant install skype after very long download on gallaxy indulge

This is a common problem. See many other posts on this topic in this forum. It's caused by a defect in Skype when uninstalling. It leaves behind bits of random code and the new install trips on that. There is no fix other than a complete wipe of your phone memory and a complete reinstall of Android and all your files. Skype are ignoring the problem and pretending it's an Android problem. It's not, it's a common Skype problem that they are not interested in solving. Basically, once you uninstall Skype, you can't reinstall it. Ever. I changed to Google Voice for calls to phone lines overseas, so Skype at least lost my revenue there.

viridian
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (176 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling