Re: Can't reinstall Skype of Samsung Galaxy S

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Can't reinstall Skype of Samsung Galaxy S

I have the same problem others have mentioned. After installing Skype, the phone was redirecting all of my outgoing calls through Skype (and charging me by the minute). I couldn't figure out how to disable the re-direct so I made the mistake of uninstalling Skype and now I can't reinstall it. Help!

lcchapman
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 8 (873 Views)

I have had the same problem and cannot find a solution anywhere.  Skype - please help out here there are a lot of us with this problem.

spice
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 8 (767 Views)

Re: Can't reinstall Skype on Samsung Galaxy S

I have the exact same problem with my Galaxy Gio. Skype suddenly became my default dial-out, couldn't turn it off so I deleted it. Now I can't reinstall it - every time I try my phone crashes and shuts down. Help?!?

thebanded77
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 8 (756 Views)

same ptoblem here too. samsung galaxy s v2.2. alot of people seem to have this problem???
Posted from Generic Android
muddle84
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 8 (753 Views)

Could someone consult on this problem? The same here...

lighty_7
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 8 (602 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem with the Infuse. I had an upside down video after an update and someone mentioned that reinstalling skype solved the issue. However, it freezes upon install and I have to take the battery out. I read something about deleting the /data/data/com.skype.raider folder. It seems that I can cd into the directory with adb but I cannot read the content and much less delete it without root access. Yes, my phone is *not* rooted.

I was looking for the package file (.apk) to see if I could try to install it through the debugger interface but didn't find it.

Support offered that I download/install it through getjar.com but they want me to install their (3rd party) app so I refused.

Now I wish I hadn't reinstalled. Upside down video was better than nothing.

On the other hand, if you wish to root your phone, you can probably delete that directory.

jaws
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 8 (583 Views)

I can confirm that upon rooting such a phone, you can delete the directory AND install the app properly from the market. I'm not sure rooting the phone is the most viable solution, but if anyone has a rooted phone, here's a solution for you =)
jaws
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 8 (568 Views)

Jaws, I haven't rooted a phone but am getting desperate with this whole situation. Any advice on a safe way to do it and solve this problem?
westy826
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 8 (522 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling