Re: Bluetooth support--voice commands for dialing ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Bluetooth support

Will there be any bluetooth support soon?
onelazyballa
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 7 (580 Views)

Re: Bluetooth support

[ Edited ]

All my phone time is while driving - this is a must have feature for me.

If you'll implement Bluetooth for Android, I would use Skype 10x more

jonathan_livni
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 2 of 7 (396 Views)

Re: Bluetooth support--voice commands for dialing numbers in Skype?

Is there a bluetooth that allows voice dialing with Skype?

I was looking at the Jawbone Era and it seemed like that product might allow its flash memory to input numbers to dial...but I dont know if Skype would know to dial the number automatically.

I have scoured the internet and cannot come up with relevant answers on this subject.  Help me Obiwan Knobi...Help me...

OrangeTwist
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 7 (367 Views)

This is ridiculous that Skype does not support bluetooth. Absolutely ridiculous. I was about to give up on Skype waiting for video support for EVO, very excited about it, and now find out my bluetooth isn't supported, I am just shocked at this. what a bunch of crap. 

I'm uninstalling Skype, screw this. Gone, gone, gone. You poeple just take too long to get straight.

floydsproduce
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 7 (362 Views)

Come on Skype ... what is the deal with Bluetooth support. Please make this work... what good is a cell phone with Skype without Bluetooth support? You are failing.
bhawk
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 5 of 7 (257 Views)

I just upgraded from a Blackberry which doesn't support Skype, to an Android superphone and was very happy to find the Skype app in the market.  Tested the video calling feature at home and it worked great! :bigsmile: But just recently I tried it while driving via Bluetooth.  When Skype starts and logs on I can hear the Skype noise in the Bluetooth.  I started the video call and......the Bluetooth was dead.  All the sound was coming out of the phone's speaker and using the phone's mic.  What's the deal here Skype programmers?!?!? Are you going to get on this HUGE oversight anytime soon???  Tick tock tick tock, you're loosing customers who want a feature you seem too lazy to add/fix!

Baseman
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 7 (237 Views)

I forgot to mention I am using Skype Mobile version 2.6.0.95 on Android version 2.3.5 and stereo Bluetooth by Motorolla model S10-HD

Baseman
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 7 (235 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling