Bluetooth headset with Skype, on Android devices

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Bluetooth headset with Skype, on Android devices

Hi all,

I just received my wonderful Bluetooth headset that paired fantastically with my awesome Android phone... But I didn't find the way to make it works for this marvelous Skype... 

Any idea, an additional app that helps, or maybe an option on Skype for Android is coming soon ?

ArnaudM
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 9
Message 1 of 85 (19,616 Views)

Re: Bluetooth headset with Skype, on Android devices

I also would like to see this feature. If i use skype for voice chat i use it for longer time (at least 1 hour) and it would be quite comfortable to use my bluetooth headset.

maybe every one who is interested in headset support could reply to this post so the skype team recognizes that there is a need.

Meister_Eder
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 21
Message 2 of 85 (19,572 Views)

I have android phone and need a bluetooth headset support too, but...

a lot of owners Ipad/IPhone asks for the BT support, and still no one answer from Skype about this problem.

It looks like nobody in the Skype corp. has bluetooth headsets and all of them think so BT handy is useless toy...

Turpa
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 85 (19,520 Views)

+1 for BT support.
dilbert5909
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 14
Message 4 of 85 (19,508 Views)

I also faced the same problem i.e. my Motorola H710 Bluetooth handsfree headset did not work with skype on my Samsung Galaxy S II running Android GingerBread 2.3.3 and running Skype ver. 2.1.0.46 updated on Aug-04-2011 but it worked very well with my Sony Ericsson MW600 stereo bluetooth headset that supports A2DP profile. I believe that Skype for Android only supports bluetooth headsets with A2DP profile.

linusrain
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 5 of 85 (19,496 Views)

I just realized that the issue lies in the fact the skype uses the media audio channel and not the phone audio channel for bluetooth and media audio channel is only available with a blueooth headset that support a2dp profile.
linusrain
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 6 of 85 (19,493 Views)

sounds good

i think it should not be too difficult for the skype team to add an option where i can select which canel should be used.

Lets hope they read this and solve the problem

Meister_Eder
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 21
Message 7 of 85 (19,491 Views)

I'm a little sad that Skype doesn't support Bluetooth through the phone channel. I had a leaked version of Skype with video (for my HTC Thunderbolt) and I was able to use Skype through my car to call my friend every morning. I was sad to see the option missing. I know they have the capabilities to do it, I hope they restore this capability...

dddavviid
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 85 (19,461 Views)

My headset supports a2dp so I can use it for Skype calls, but the headset buttons don't work as expected. I tried to mute myself while on a call by the normal method of holding the play/pause button for a second or two, and music started playing! I'm using Skype as a phone, and it should support the headset controls expected on a phone call.

jw

jw
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 85 (19,401 Views)

I had a standard Bluetooth ear piece.  I could not make it work with Skype.  I gave up and bought a new one.

Plantronics 903

This works great!

bhawk
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 10 of 85 (19,362 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling