BLU Studio 5.3 support

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

BLU Studio 5.3 support

When will Skype support a new phone called BLU Studio 5.3?  I can download app, but it is not fully compatible with this device; I can make calls but no video conferencing option at this time.  

BT2
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 14 (4,759 Views)

Re: BLU Studio 5.3 support

did you enable video calling via the app's settings as explained here in the FAQ: http://community.skype.com/t5/Android/Frequently-asked-Android-questions-Answers/td-p/211358/jump-to...

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 11893
Message 2 of 14 (4,607 Views)

Thanks for your help.  Yes, I have looked at the FAQ, but I do not have the "Settings" option available.  From what I read on FAQ, this phone should meet the minimal requirements. The phone just came out earlier this month. 

BT2
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 14 (4,598 Views)

I´ve installed Skype in my BLU Studio 5.3 but when I try to login in, the application closes. I´ve downloaded several times but I have the same "no login in". Thanks in advance for answering. 

jaime52
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 14 (4,430 Views)

I had a similar problem if I enabled video calls, Skype (version 2.8.0.920) crashes after login. If I disable video calls, I can login and make audio calls.

xavier_andrade
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 14 (4,350 Views)

Dear Friend, How are you?

I've the same problem of you with my blu studio 5.3

Have you find some solution to this problem?

If yes, please let me know.

All the best.

andersonbronlin
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 14 (4,307 Views)

Hi xavier, How can one disable video calls if the app crashes after login when video calls are enabled? Is there an alternate path to the settings to disable video calls so a login can complete without exiting the app? This is my one true disappointment with the Blü Studio 5.3 so far. Aside from cramped built-in memory, it's a very decent phone (D510a). Regards and thanks for any thoughts!
jcocula
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 7 of 14 (4,114 Views)

no video calling because the cpu is arm11
Posted from Opera Tablet on Android
yousef8824
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 397
Message 8 of 14 (4,106 Views)

I was doing it wrong!  If Skype crashes on your Blu Studio 5.3 when trying to login, do this:

- Go to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->Skype

- Press "Clear Data" to effectively reset the app to think it was just installed

- Start Skype

- Here's the important bit: When warned that video is not certified and may not work, press Cancel!  As in, don't even try it.  

I was able to login fully this way with no problems (and no video, but I assume (ahem) that audio will work properly).  Beats a stick in the eye, as they say!

jcocula
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 9 of 14 (3,852 Views)

Dear Friend,
I am here for a different reason. I think my BLU 5.3 is bricked. If you are a BLU 5.3 user would you be kind enough to provide me with the system dump? It is very urgent.
Many thanks in advance,
kc.
kcbala007
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 14 (3,655 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling