toshiba thrive

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

toshiba thrive

I have tryed to down load Skype onto my Toshiba thrive. I can place calls but am not able to place video calls. I am in the military and the hole reason for getting the thrive was for the reason of contacting my family where ever I find myself. Is this a lost effort and money on my part? And if so why?

Posted from Generic Android
mikechandler211
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 1 of 47 (17,425 Views)

Re: toshiba thrive

Thanks for your service. I am a Veteran U.S. Air Force 1974-1979

Please follow these Steps:

1. Only do Step 1 if you are on WIN7:

Stop Skype.

Be sure that Compatibility Mode is not enabled (right-click on Skype shortcut icon/launcher and select Properties >> Compatibility) - for Windows 7 users only.

Try to launch Skype.

2. If Step 1 fails or you are NOT using WIN7 do:

Open an Internet Explorer browser, and go to msn.com, what happens?

If it fails, Please do the instructions below. Using your Windows Control Panel, please do:

Internet Options -> Advanced Tab Please click the "Reset" button.

Then, Go to the Connections Tab.

Make sure that the only checkbox checked is "Automatically detect settings", then click the "OK" button.

Close any open Internet Explorer browser windows, open a new IE browser window and try msn.com again. What happens? If it works, please stop/start Skype What happens?

3. If Step 2 does NOT solve the problem:

Please install the beta version using the instructions below:

You can install the Current beta release by doing this from the top of this page:

Get Skype -> Windows -> Choose the beta release, please do NOT remove what you already have installed, simply, install over.

These instructions have worked for many and is the quickest thing to try to resolve issues such as this.

Also, what operating system are you on?

What is the Make and Model of your computer?

Do you have all Windows updates and updates to any hardware devices by the manufacturers?

0 Kudos
TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 575
Message 2 of 47 (17,417 Views)

I have the Thrive also but this isn't a windows tab it is a Android 3.1 running the latest version of Honeycomb.  Will the steps you suggested work?  Do not have my tab with me right now to test this.  

Vartan_Davidian
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 47 (17,386 Views)

0 Kudos
TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 575
Message 4 of 47 (17,374 Views)

TheUberOverLord,

Do you know if there has been an update in the works so skype will working on the Toshiba Thrive  AT105-T1016 which is running the latest version of Android Honeycomb 3.1??? 

I'm very disappointed that I purchased this tablet and it won't video skype.  

Thanks

Vartan_Davidian
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 5 of 47 (17,332 Views)

The problem is Skype has not finished the effort to ensure a proper experience with Android 3.x tablets. 

Until then, I deleted Skype from my Thrive.  Google Talk does offer video chat, although I have yet to use it, and it appears to miss many features of Skype.

Skype did recently add video support for Android 2.x phones, so I am hopeful.

mmikowski
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 47 (17,315 Views)

Don't answer without even looking up what "Toshiba Thrive" is. C'mon its not a computer, nor a windows device.
Nimajus
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 47 (14,014 Views)

Skype updated many Honeycomb devices. I hear Motorolla Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab etc. are working but not Thrive. Hey, I'm halfway done migrating my family to Google Talk that while inferior in some ways, works great in my car & everywhere with 4G and using both Front & rear facing Cameras. Get your crap together Skype!
Nimajus
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 47 (14,014 Views)

It works! Got an update on my Thrive and now I can video call with it. My husband and I just talked using video call and yes, we were both able to see each other using the front camera... This is fantastique! Thank you, who ever you are, to have solved the issue. I love my Thrive even more, now!

Juju
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 9 of 47 (13,557 Views)

what update I have to do? I just bought the TT last Friday and installed the Skype 2.5. No luck on video so far.
0 Kudos
sxg145
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 47 (10,982 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling