skype will not stay signed in

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: skype will not stay signed in

[ Edited ]

Kricket wrote:

travacholovik wrote:

no one has eplied about what service provider they have yet?

i asked as skype on my phone went srewy after an update from 3, so is everyone on 3 or are you on other networks?

My father is on T-Mobile in the US - so it's definitely nothing to do with carrier.

I read in one of the other threads that someone was able to downgrade their version to Skype 2.7 and it seemed to alleviate some issues:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Android/Skype-Keep-Auto-Closing-After-a-Few-Minutes-of-Inactivity/td-p...

I'm not sure when I'll be at my parents next to give this a shot (so I'm not sure if it works) - but thought I'd throw it out there for anyone who might want to try...

EDIT - the pertinent post is about halfway down on the page (from user paulgh).

Well, I was finally able to give this method a shot.  I uninstalled Skype and installed the older version of the app (2.7) via a free installer I downloaded from the app store.  I then had to find the Skype app in the Google Play store and untick the "automatic updates" section (so it wouldn't bump me back up to version 2.8 ).  It seems like the older version is totally stable and everything seems to be working correctly.

For those of you still having the problem - I would give this method a shot.  Basically, you're just installing the old version of Skype back onto your phone (the version that appears to be working correctly) - and making sure it doesn't update you up to the broken version...

Please use plain text.
Kricket
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 13
Message 71 of 85 (2,704 Views)

skype logs out with logoff sound after an hour or so, after I reopen it forgets the password. started hapenning about a month ago, never hapenned before. needless to say - I would like skype developers to fix this.

HTC ONE X

Please use plain text.
roby_lv
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 72 of 85 (2,701 Views)

I tried the video enabling method mentioned previously, and it seemed to work, but then I started having problems with my status... it would look like I was invisible, or away when I was still online. That was even when I changed the 'go offline' to never, and repeatedly changed my status symbol manually. So I have reverted to putting skype on my whitelist, and have no problems again.

The only method that I have tried that has worked, is to put skype on the energy-monitoring app's whitelist (as I mentioned in a previous post). I've gone back to that, and again, I have no problems. The other method that a lot of people seem to be having success with is reinstalling the previous skype version, and cancelling auto-updating.

One other method you could try is to buy a desktop pc with a wifi connection, install skype on there, and then keep it in your pocket with a portable electric generator, and do nothing but hang around macdonald's all day. That could be a solution to someone's problem....

0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
josephj
Casual Adventurer
Message 73 of 85 (2,667 Views)

IT WORKS, thank you for that brilliant suggestion !!!  :bigsmile:
FINALLY Skype stays signed in. I need no longer to sign in every time.
I was first running Skype Android version 2.8 and had to sign in approx. every 30 mins. It would sometimes stay signed in for a few hours maximum. I then tried an older version of Skype 2.7 as was suggested, but it did not allow me to sign in with my Android Galaxy III. I then tried an even older version of Skype 2.6 and Skype stayed signed in, till now for over 12 hours! The only thing to keep in mind is to turn off the Automatic update option or set it to manual update.

Have a good day Skype users and a BIG booooooooooo for the Skype support!

Albert

Please use plain text.
albert313568394
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 74 of 85 (2,401 Views)

[ Edited ]

josephj wrote:

(...)

One other method you could try is to buy a desktop pc with a wifi connection, install skype on there, and then keep it in your pocket with a portable electric generator, and do nothing but hang around macdonald's all day. That could be a solution to someone's problem....

I think I will try this, at it seems to be the best option. Do you have any references for where I can get some pants with large pockets? I think I will go for a laptop, as that comes with built-in power supply, but I still need som large pockets to fit it in.

By the way - if you still want to stick to Android, your only option is to wait for Skype to fix the issue in next version, or downgrade as suggested by Kricket. 

0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
awe
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 75 of 85 (2,316 Views)

Should we start a new thread were folks can post what they plan to do to celebrate the 3 month anniversary of this bug?  /snark

Please use plain text.
gah
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 76 of 85 (2,280 Views)

gah wrote:

Should we start a new thread were folks can post what they plan to do to celebrate the 3 month anniversary of this bug?  /snark

You know - the sad thing is - that will be the 3 month anniversary of this particular thread - but there's another one that was started back in MARCH regarding this same issue...

Happy 6 months!

Please use plain text.
Kricket
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 13
Message 77 of 85 (2,273 Views)

Just goes to show how the purchase of skype by microsoft has 'improved' the skype customer service.

I feel for the poor skype employees who have worked so hard in the past to build skype into what it was.

0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
dolphinfreindly
Novel Adventurer
Message 78 of 85 (2,254 Views)

What is wrong with everyone.

Microsoft buys Skype, they bring out new version 2.8.

Surprise, it doesn't work well on Android, maybe because Microsoft has their own mobile operating system?

Please use plain text.
bfh4754
Novel Tourist
Message 79 of 85 (2,235 Views)

I too am facing the same problem on Android (Samsung S3). Also I see a rotating sign (something is going on) when I am online. Also everytime my status is set to Online and Visible. I have to change it to invisible everytime. It is annoying.

0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
satyajoshi
Casual Adventurer
Message 80 of 85 (2,229 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling