skype on android 4.0.3

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

skype on android 4.0.3

Does skype runvideomessahes onandroid ver4..0.0. I only see video in butno onesees me??
Posted from Motorola xt875
malwar
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 9 (17,768 Views)

Re: skype on android 4.0.3

I am having tbe same problem. So frustraiting.
Posted from Motorola MB860
0 Kudos
Sherrijg
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 9 (17,693 Views)

Yes, Skype supports video calling on Android OS 4.x.

Take a look at the instructions here on how to perform a video call on Skype for Android: https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA11019/How-do-I-make-video-calls-with-Skype-for-Android

Report back here and tell us which step fails for you and make sure you are calling a Skype user that is on the latest Skype version as well.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
0 Kudos
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13890
Message 3 of 9 (17,618 Views)

Uhm...  I wish Skype supported Android 4.x so that I (and others) can switch back from TANGO because it actually works on Android 4.0/4.1.   Don't really understand Microsoft's philosophy not supporting roughly 60% of the mobile market.

0 Kudos
scout944
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 4 of 9 (14,766 Views)

I noticed that using a certified device mentioned on the Google Play cannot complete a video call on other devices with different softwares. I tried calling from Skype Android to Skype PC, Skype Android to Skype iOS and vice versa on either android, pc, ipod, iphone and it cannot connect properly the video call. I hope Skype can improve the video call on all software platform.

0 Kudos
jcboy
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 9 (14,101 Views)

0 Kudos
Seixal
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 9 (12,814 Views)

Hi, I just purchased a netbook computer from Wolvol in in NY running on Android 4.0.3. It has a built in camera and an icon for the Google Apps store (now known as Play) and for browsing. I am trying to have someone download Skype for Android 4.0.3 so that the device could be used for videoconferencing. But I'm having an enormously difficult time teaching a non-technical person at a distance how to do this. This is especially a problem since I don't have a similar device to use as a basis to talk them through. Could you please let me know the steps I must follow to download Skype? I hope it is possible to do what I want to do, including video. Otherwise I fear I might have wasted my money on this device.

Regards

P.S.: I am attaching the short user's manual where we see icons to get to the Apps Store.

0 Kudos
legrandtimonier
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 9 (9,189 Views)

I have android of 4.0.3 and there is no option when I tap toh turn on video it doesn't show me the option of front camera and back camera please help me..
Posted from SonyEricsson ST25i
0 Kudos
chandni_63
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 9 (3,543 Views)

Does anyone know how to turn the camera off? the only options under video are low and hi resolution

0 Kudos
kardworx
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 9 (1,536 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling