Re: incoming call noticifaction ring volume

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

incoming call noticifaction ring volume

i cannot get the incoming ring volume up on my Galaxy Tab 10.1. i simply cannot hear it.

laurence60chan
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 9 (7,566 Views)

I agree. Why have they failed to implement such a vital function? It's really remarkable, puzzling, intriguing, baffling, confusing?? I just don't get it.
Posted from Samsung GT-I9100
lingonsprigg
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 9 (7,462 Views)

Has this been answered yet anywhere?

0 Kudos
mintjello
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 9 (7,375 Views)

Hi

I am not quite sure about your Galaxy Tab 10.1 device, but the following on the Galaxy Phones may help.

Skype uses the "Media" volume and not the standard "Incoming Call" volume. You'll find the Media Volume under  >Settings  >Sounds  >Volume

Slide the volume control of the "Media" selection to the right and you should get a loude ring tone.

The default Skype ringtone is the "Modern" ringtone sound the same as the PC, except the Android phone Skype ringtone is currently not able to be changed to another choice ringtone sound.  It should sound loud enough if you use your mobile phone's cable headset/mic plugged in, but the speaker (in my opinion) is not very loud as I find on my Samsung Galaxy S2 device.

To my knowledge, there is no option to make the ringtone louder, other than to check your Media Volume selection is on full.

Steve.

0 Kudos
sawadee
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 83
Message 4 of 9 (7,366 Views)

Thanks, Steve. I hope this works!

0 Kudos
mintjello
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 9 (7,359 Views)

Where do we alert Skype to change/modify this? I find it apalling that so far they didnt provide personal user options for such a central theme.

0 Kudos
olealstrup
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 9 (7,221 Views)

hello this is crystal thompson i am deaf , i did try call no answer ringing today 1 :03 am in the morning late . please contact me my number is 469 941 -0052 back call me thank u . i wait for u now 

0 Kudos
CrystalThompson
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 9 (7,216 Views)

go to settings/sounds/general/valume/notification.
That will fix it
0 Kudos
tazzie1966
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 9 (6,728 Views)

[ Edited ]

In 2.9.0.315 i don't have a ring tone selection. Why cant we define our ringtone? This one id pathetic! I made a short video showing how cheezy the ring is: http://vimeo.com/49018223

Cheesy forum wont even embed a link correctly!

Ed Koon ~ DocsNetServices.com
docsnetservices
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 21
Message 9 of 9 (6,186 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling