htc wildfire s on skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

htc wildfire s on skype

I am intrested in buying htc wildfire s from three.

So  I wanted to ask that if i bought the htc wildfire s from three would skype work for free.

0 Kudos
aadil
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (2,889 Views)

Re: htc wildfire s on skype

I can't help you about the 3 network,but i bought a HTC Wildfire 1 month ago in the UK[ PC World] to bring to Turkey.

I downloaded the latest version 2.0.0.47 & it was totally useless.On trying the 'Skype test call',i heard nothing,it wasn't even 'choppy',i heard virtually nothing!!!

After many nights trawling thro' Google with many download sites taking you back to the Skype latest download i eventually found a site listing many old version downloads.Someone on the skype garage site  said that he went back to v 1.0.0.983 but that didn't work for me,v1.0.0.984 did tho'.Just remember to turn your earpiece volume down to 50% to stop the choppy sound & reduce feedback.

Go to the bottom of the page for the downloads.

freewarelovers

android old apps     skype

This site won't let me add a link,so ''read between the lines'' & hunt it out...lol...

Hope this helps, Martin.

IF MY POST HAS HELPED YOU,PLEASE CLICK MY KUDOS,THANKS.
martin-redman
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 161
Message 2 of 6 (2,857 Views)

Thank you that worked for me, with a little sound cutting but still way much better than before:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
michelyousef
Casual Tourist
Message 3 of 6 (2,791 Views)

The choppy sound is related to the HTC Proximity sensor. If you either keep the phone horizontal, or use the headset, it works fine.

The problem has been there for a long time and Skype need to sort out the app to resolve this issue (not seen on other VOIP apps).

0 Kudos
howebzar
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 6 (2,761 Views)

[ Edited ]

Installed old version on my Wildfire S (v1.0.0.984), like suggested in post above and worked like a charm.

Thx

0 Kudos
mzex
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 6 (2,300 Views)

It's strange that on some Wildfires turning the phone around & using the loudspeaker[eliminating the proximity sesor] solves the choppy sound,but not on all...like mine!!!!   :sad:

IF MY POST HAS HELPED YOU,PLEASE CLICK MY KUDOS,THANKS.
0 Kudos
martin-redman
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 161
Message 6 of 6 (2,297 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling