front camera won't work on my Android tablet

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

front camera won't work on my Android tablet

I have a zto tablet with a ffc only and when I try and video chat with people I can see them but they can only hear me...on my screen where I should see me its just a black box and that is what the other people see on the other end too. I tried looking for a way to change it...when I touch the screen during the video chat I get an option for back video camera but that didn't do anything...any thoughts?
Posted from Google Nexus S
stevehauser
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 19 (23,856 Views)

Re: front camera won't work on my Android tablet

I am having this same issue with my Android Pandigital tablet as well. Both the front and back cameras only show up as a black screen for me and the person i am talking too, but i can see them just find.
JoshA
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 9
Message 2 of 19 (23,563 Views)

[ Edited ]

Same here, except the other person sees green and the back camera doesn't work either. mine is a toshiba android tab. 

0 Kudos
ryanweselake
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 19 (23,500 Views)

Have you enabled video calling near the end of the Skype setting menu?
0 Kudos
Bob42
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 19 (23,467 Views)

hi BOB42!
Can you tell me how to do this exactly? I can't see any options to do this when I [ress setting on the main screen of skype on my tablet.
???
0 Kudos
glorydesktopgua
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 19 (23,341 Views)

Go to the Skype menu,scroll down to near the end,if your tablet is compatable there'll be an option for video calls.Not all tablets are compatable,I have a MID703 with Skype already installed
0 Kudos
Bob42
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 19 (23,338 Views)

mine either got the same kind have you got yours to work yet?

0 Kudos
coco544
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 19 (23,138 Views)

I fixed it by opening up the Skype settings, turning "allow video calls" off, then back on. Try that?

0 Kudos
Rachelracecar
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 19 (22,911 Views)

this is Ridiculous Im using my ACER ICONIA A200 and skype wont work right... it continues to show a giant black screen, on both my side and the recievers...
Posted from Acer A510
the_ellimist682
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 9 of 19 (22,415 Views)

I have the Samsung Galaxy Note and it has the same issue. Shows an empty square for a few seconds then tells me my camera is off. If I turn it on, empty square then turns itself off. Same thing on my Galaxy s2 phone. Camera doesn't work. I can see them but they can't see me. Bummer since the hubs is in Denmark for a week and can't see the kids. His Iphone does it just fine. What's the deal Skype?? This sucks!!
Posted from Samsung GT-I9000
AndroidBummer
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 10 of 19 (17,432 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling