application skype ( process com.skype.raider) has ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

application skype ( process com.skype.raider) has stopped unexpectedly for milestone XT 720

Hi, I am using the Motorola Milestone XT720 mobile phone with Android 2.1 version system. Before my most recent update of the Skype, I could always log in it smoothly. But after that, I can't log in the software with notification of "application skype ( process com.skype.raider) has stopped unexpectedly". Could you please kindly advice how I can solve this problem as soon as possible? Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Sincere apologies for the problems. We've just released an update which clears the problem on Android 2.1. Head to Android Market, and look for Skype v2.6.0.95.

View solution in original post
Ailu
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 20
Message 1 of 11 (24,759 Views)

Re: application skype ( process com.skype.raider) has stopped unexpectedly for milestone XT 720

Hey there, I've got the Milestone A854, and I am getting the same problem. It worked for a while then all of a sudden it just refuses to open or sign in, even after re downloading it and restarting my phone. I uninstalled it and turned off my phone and let it sit for a while and then reinstalled it and it worked after that but after a few more hours the problem came back. All I can say is I have looked around everywhere and neither the users or the Skype developers have an answer for this problem. I get mixed answers from it being the latest updates problem, to the phone's resolution... but nothing conclusive. If I had the answer for you (and myself too), but all I can say is keep trying by uninstalling and reinstalling the app and hope for the best.
NuHalo
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 2 of 11 (24,568 Views)

Re: application skype ( process com.skype.raider) has stopped unexpectedly for milestone XT 720

I have a similar problem. I cannot even start the client. (I do not even get to the login screen). I get the same error message (com.skype.raider was stopped unexpectedly).

I am using a Sony Ericsson Xperia x10

SeymourBlood
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 13
Message 3 of 11 (24,525 Views)

Hi there.. Please help me cuz the same problem with me (process com.skype.raider was stopped unexpectedly) if the updates giving a problem y dont skype.care not finding solution for the problem

My cell phone Xperia x8

Please guys help me..
sqabduls26
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 13
Message 4 of 11 (24,512 Views)

Using skype 2.5.0.108 for android, and the same thing happened to me as well.

Try removing your headphones/earphones or any other peripherals connected to your phone. Apparently, skype does not support those devices. Skype launched successfully after i removed my earphones.

This is but one of the minor problems I encountered with the app. I tried calling my girlfriend but the bloody ringing will not go away even after she has answered the call. The only way to end it is to turn off the phone. Same thing happens when she calls me. Phone keeps ringing and vibrating even after I have answered. Neither cancelling the call, nor force quitting the app will stop it. Had to resort to turning off the phone again to prevent my hand from having an orgasm because of the vibration.

This is a broken app, too many bugs, and completely unusable. I've since removed it. 

fefe
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 8
Message 5 of 11 (24,493 Views)

Posted from Samsung GT-i5500
adeelbhatti
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 11 (24,355 Views)

Hi i m new join
Posted from Samsung GT-I5510
jrahman42
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 7 of 11 (24,289 Views)

No me funciona error de página com.suyos.riders
ngig
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 15
Message 8 of 11 (23,951 Views)

Com.skype.riders
ngig
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 15
Message 9 of 11 (23,950 Views)

Sincere apologies for the problems. We've just released an update which clears the problem on Android 2.1. Head to Android Market, and look for Skype v2.6.0.95.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13565
Message 10 of 11 (23,925 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling