Why can't I use skype when using a mobile hotspot ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Why can't I use skype when using a mobile hotspot device?

I have a tablet that I can use Skype for calling when at home (my wifi at home). I have a T mobile hotspot device for when I can't connect to free wifi when out and about. I have found that though I connect to Skype, I cannot make any calls. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.

Jan Antonell

0 Kudos
jantonell
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (1,004 Views)

Re: Why can't I use skype when using a mobile hotspot device?

I have a Virgin Mobile hotspot and use Skype with it regularly. Suggest: start the web browser on your device before you start Skype and make sure you can get to an internet site. I have noticed that if a hotspot requires you click ok to something, Skype will NOT display a pop-up. Skype will simply fail to connect.
Posted from Acer A510
0 Kudos
Greg_watson
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 2 of 4 (981 Views)

Thank you!!!!

Jan

0 Kudos
jantonell
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 4 (966 Views)

Hi there

I am considering getting a virgin wireless hotspot (overdrive pro). Would you say that the connection/speed you get is good enough to skype comfortably?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
AussieSpain
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 4 (672 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling