Video call to LG Optimus 2x?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Video call to LG Optimus 2x?

Is video call opportunity coming to LG Optimus 2x. The phone has potential, so at that end shouldn't be a problem...

kartsa82
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 11 (8,021 Views)

Re: Video call to LG Optimus 2x?

+1

Please add support on LG Optimus 2x !

Aurelien
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 2 of 11 (8,016 Views)

Please add support for tmobile g2x. I just finished off paying for this $500 phone just so that I could use the front facing camera with Skype. This phone is twice as fast as the Nexus and I was surprised to not se le G2X not on the list. I just want to be able to talk with my grandparents and make sure they are ok!
Posted from LG P990
alphaphotek
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 11 (7,953 Views)

+1

Please addp990 support. It is a best seller phone!!!!

giocar
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 4 of 11 (7,933 Views)

I am awaiting this as well :happy:

abhisheknair
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 11 (7,675 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

See my floated post. If your device isnt certified there is a way you can enable video calling anyway. If this doesnt work then either your device is running android 2.1 or below or it doesnt meet the minimum spec for video calling.

Thanks

Allen Smith
No longer an employee
AllenSmith
Former Staff
Kudos: 17
Message 6 of 11 (7,673 Views)

it doesn't seems to work... there are no video options in settings, optimus 2x has 2.2 android, but i think the problem might be with Nividea tegra 2 processor.....as i have read somewhere (didn't remember the link)....

but if you google you can find that nividea developed hd video calling using skype kit sdk, but i have no idea, whose gna release this and when..... 

so any ideas.....??? when can this dual core processor and front facing camera and android 2.2 mobile have the video chatting facility??? 

source (slashgear.com/nvidia-develops-android-skype-hd-video-calling-for-tegra-2-05123258/)

ibraheempindi
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 7 of 11 (7,537 Views)

Yeah I really can't see the reason why our device isn't supported. Could someone please elaborate and inform us whether this is being worked on or whether we are just left aside? Thanks!

reinier88
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 11 (7,430 Views)

Hey Allen,

The gingerbread software has been already installed on the LG Optimus 2x or Tmobile G2x, which ever is the prefered name. Is there any possibility in the near further this phone will get video feed. Seems like many off us would like to have that option.

Thank you for taking your valuable time in reading this reply to your original message.

Regards.

Lee.

wackychef1
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 11 (7,261 Views)

Hi Allen Smith...!!!!

Even i too have the same problem, i can able to make a voice call in skype but i cant make a video call, i have the latest LG Optimus 2X Mobile... i like skype very much but support is not good, i mean solution not getting on the right time... please make and enable video calling in LG Optimus 2X soon... 

0 Kudos
mohantamilan
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 11 (7,103 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling