Video Issues on Android 4.0 (ICS)

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: Video Issues on Android 4.0 (ICS)

Ari,

Well, if you search this forum, you will find at least a couple of the green/pink video threads. There may be a fix for HTC users, but the device has to be rooted.

I am using Huawei Mediapad (Springboard) with ICS 4.0.3. Skype insists that it is a driver problem for our GPUs. Then some HTC service centres (and I was not able to contact Huawei) actually blamed Skype instead. I am quite suspicious, I am pretty sure Skype can fix it if they want to, since there was no problem before, why suddenly changed with the last update? I think Skype need to really address this problem quickly.

0 Kudos
colekwok
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 41 of 85 (5,177 Views)

Hi all I am new to the forum, I just purchased the RazR Maxx and can't get Skype, MSN or Yahoo messenger to work. Shype works great on my PC. What am i doing wrong
0 Kudos
bartelshans
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 42 of 85 (5,108 Views)

Hi all,

i have the same problem with green image on HTC Sensation, and two of my friends have that problem too, on same phone.

That problem appeared when i updated phone's software to Android 4.0.3

I hope that Skype will solve this problem soon.

0 Kudos
ivanvulic989
Novel Tourist
Message 43 of 85 (5,095 Views)

Did you ever chase this up from your end ? HTC are still denying it is their problem

0 Kudos
Headbolt
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 44 of 85 (4,999 Views)

Hi All AT SKYPE TECH.

Since updating my samsung galaxy sII to android version 4, my video quality is okay my end but terrible on the recieved end. Not green as some people have been mentioning but really washed out and blocky as if the resolution has been reduced to a poor mpeg1 video.

My asus TF300 tablet which came with android 4 is also the exactually the same.

Will there be an update soon to fix the Android 4 and skype version 2.8.0.920?

Cheers Andy

mcgovernproduct
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 45 of 85 (4,981 Views)

Dear Skype,

I use Eken A90 (T05A) with Android 4.0.3 and video is okay, but the video quality is bad on my notebook (Windows 7). Please see attached NG_AndroidSkypeVideo.jpg image.

Please, fix the video issue for Android ICS devices.

Thank you,

Sergey

minaev_at_ua
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 46 of 85 (4,974 Views)

[ Edited ]

Device: HTC One S
Android version: 4.0.3 ICS

Build#: 1.78.401.2

This is what it looks like: 

95959.jpg

And the video I receive from the other is completely weird and distorted with bright colors when there is movement and such. 

Pytt
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 47 of 85 (4,947 Views)

This is true for me when i use ICS on Samsung Galaxy S2. The receiving end displays blocky videos, reduced resolution.

stoups2000
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 48 of 85 (4,675 Views)

I have the HTC One X from AT&T and I am trying to skype with my daughter and if i use my phone I am green she looks fine on my side but she seems me in green :sad: it's very frustrating.

A fix would be wonderful

0 Kudos
tarheelfan1977
Novel Tourist
Message 49 of 85 (4,503 Views)

Skype people,

I was wondering if the problem has something to do with Google being behind Android and Microsoft behind Skype.

Do you want us to stop using Skype or android?

P. Tallinn

northprince
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 50 of 85 (4,469 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling