Verizon's Droid Razr Maxx incapable of video Skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Verizon's Droid Razr Maxx incapable of video Skype

I just got my DROID Razr Maxx and can audio Skype, but not video Skype. Verizon's technical department, today, confirmed for me that this phone doesn't have the video Skype ability. Too bad! Trading it tomorrow for my first iPhone.
Posted from Motorola xt875
0 Kudos
kimdrw1121
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 11 (7,414 Views)

Re: Verizon's Droid Razr Maxx incapable of video Skype

Verizon was in error. The phone does have the ability to perform video calls. I'm sorry for the confusion.
Posted from Apple iPad
bnraiwarnocki
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 2 of 11 (7,401 Views)

I just got my Razr maxx. Tried Skype and I can see the person but I can't hear them and they can't see me. I can see them. I think skype does not work with Razr and my wifes HTC Rezound. She can hear, but the contact cannot see her.

bpro215
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 11 (7,328 Views)

May I ask how to enable the video chat function? My phone looks like it's trying to video chat, but the screen stays black, even when I click on the camera mode. Also, thank you so much for your reply! ~Kim
kimdrw1121
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 11 (7,311 Views)

I'm still trying to get my Verizon Razr Maxx to video chat. This is so frustrating. I've been a droid user ever since they came out with droids. I'm selecting all the correct functions for the video chat, but video's not working for me, either. We can hear each other, but that's al...even when I "enable" the camera function. ~Kim
0 Kudos
kimdrw1121
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 11 (7,311 Views)

I have the same problem with my Droid Razr Maxx. I can see but not hear people. They can hear but not see me. How to fix this please?!
irmac
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 11 (7,294 Views)

Agree. It does not work. Skype? Any updates coming soon for the Droid Razr? In the mean time, I am switching to Tango. Works great.

tdhauck
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 11 (6,714 Views)

Mine doesn't work either. Friend with iphone i can see and hear, but they can only hear me. I try to enable the camera mode, but it shuts off again
bmtipton07
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 11 (6,681 Views)

Mine worked perfectly until the last Skype update. Now, I can see and hear the other person, but they can only hear me. Bring back the previous version or give us an update that works.
jhunt1966
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 11 (6,245 Views)

Re: Verizon's Droid Razr Maxx incapable (Capable) of video Skype

I was having the same problem and neither Verizon or Skype was able to help.  I also have a Lenovo Android Thinkpad Tablet and was having the same problem with that and Skype.  Neither could make a Video call!

I happened to come across a web site with QR Bar Code that brought me to a site that had an older version of the Skype.APK.  I downloaded it and installed it to my Tablet and found that Skype was working fine for both Audio and Video calls.

I copied that to DropBox and then installed it on my Droid RAZR MAXX.  Viola' now both are working correctly with Skype.  Even after the Google Play Store updated it, it's still working on both phone and tablet.

P.S.  Neither Verizon or Skype technical support were able to help with this.  I found it incredible that the Skype Support team are unable to place a video Skype call.  If not them, then who?

If you want to try this email me at satman@inbox.com and I'll send a link to my Dropbox for you to try it.

satmanSHG
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 10 of 11 (4,470 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling