Unknown error code during application install "-24...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Unknown error code during application install "-24"

I have had Skype on my Galaxy S3 for quite sometime now, been working alright. Up until recently, I decided to uninstall skype and try reinstalling it because it was crashing on me. When I tried to reinstall I got the error: Unknown error code during application install "-24". I ask that someone please give me a solution rather than "oh yeah I have this problem too hurr hurr hurr"  which seems like most of the posts on here. 

_DeputyGrimes_
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 1 of 8 (6,755 Views)

Re: Unknown error code during application install "-24"

DG,

I too hope that someone will post a fix to this issue. I want to report experiencing the EXACT same issue when trying to re-install Skype after deleting it due to it's general crashiness. Now I get the "-24" message when I try to install it. This is a broader issue than the Galaxy S3. I'm having this problem on my otherwise perfectly operational 16GB Google Nexus 7 tablet.

I'm also seeing recent positive reviews of the app on Google Play from fellow Nexus 7 users, so this is clearly not related to the device so much as to some setting in the operating system.

I have tried powering off and then installing, and that has not changed the error behavior at all.

I'm not willing to do a factory reset or to perform advanced programming on the operating system, so I hope Skype can either guide us with a practical and effective step-by-step solution, or else convince release a version on Google Play that fixes this bug and installs properly.

I did see a posting online about deleting "data\data..." but I wasn't able to find that in Jelly Bean, so that was not the solution we need.
0 Kudos
_zoinks_
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 8 (6,598 Views)

Having same problem,    Any solutions?

0 Kudos
kevinsickles
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 8 (6,559 Views)

Gah me too! I hope Skype can fix this quick, I use it every day!
Posted from Samsung GT-I9000
0 Kudos
EmmaBovary1111
Casual Tourist
Message 4 of 8 (6,370 Views)

So i figured it out. Sadly to say a factory reset will have to be done. I did this and installed skype and it installed completely. I hate that i had to do that, but that was the only way to get it to work.

shawjones712
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 5 of 8 (5,807 Views)

i have also this problem can someone help me with them plz i used skype everyday and now i cant live without skype plz help me
Posted from Opera Tablet on Android
samiakhadija
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 8 (5,461 Views)

[ Edited ]

how do you do factory reset? e-mail me at [Mod edit: Please do not include personal/private information when making a public post. Thanks!] sorry i rarely come on here but this is an emergency

0 Kudos
NicoleWedge
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 8 (5,026 Views)

hi, i had a problem with my GFive president G7 android 4.2.2 jelly bean phone.when i trying to download skype from playstore then at the end it give"unknown error code during application install -24" so i checked it on internet.some people says install root browser and then go to data/data/folder and delete the relevant application(skype)but i couldnot get that folder but when i opened data folder there is nothing in there. some says go to setting and then apps and google play store and clear all data and restart your phone i done that but still same message.after that i did restore factory and start my phone from the start and try to download skype still same message.please help me i will be very thankfull to you.my android phone got 1GB RAM and 4GB ROM and 1.3GHz CPU.please help me.

0 Kudos
naveed007
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 8 (2,242 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling