Speaker only on Android device

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Speaker only on Android device

Hi all,

it seems that it is not possible to use skype on my Android phone (Huawei U8230) as a normal phone (ear speaker + microphone), because the main speaker is always on during a call. The Speaker icon on Skype interface has no effect.

When  can we expect an updated Skype version for Android?

Ciao, Leodp

leodp
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 12
Message 1 of 42 (9,619 Views)

Re: Speaker only on Android device

Hi,

Today! we released 2.0 of Skype for Android this morning. Give it a try and let us know how you get on.

Many Thanks

Allen Smith

Allen Smith
Skype Developer Support
http://developer.skype.com
follow us @SkypeDeveloper

Note: The Skype Developer Program is responsible for supporting 3rd party developers integrating Skype into their products and applications. We do not develop the Skype Clients.
0 Kudos
AllenSmith
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 15
Message 2 of 42 (9,582 Views)

Hi,

I have the same issue with my LG Optimus T. Updating to the new 2.0 version did not solved this issue. The speaker is always on during skype call...

David

Skype for Android (LG P-509 (Optimus T) running Android 2.2.2)
Skype 4.6 for iOS (iPad)
Skype 2.2.0.35 for Linux
d_billy
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 12
Message 3 of 42 (9,578 Views)

I have the same problem with skype 2.0 on Huawei U8110 (android 2.1) .

knezmarko
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 42 (9,565 Views)

The loud-speaker only problem remains in skype version 2.0. It is impossible to use skype for normal voice calling this way. Unofficial patches that solve this issue have already appeared on the internet months ago. It is unaccaptable that Skype can not or will not solve this problem. I regularly use skype for international calls and the prospect of using skype from a cell-phone was the main reason I spent money on an android smart-phone. I am really frustrated, and would like to express my most sincere dissapointment in Skype as a service. It seems it is still not able to provide an everyday solution for reliable communication. I hope that my opinion will change after an official upgrade is released.

dunayg
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 5 of 42 (9,557 Views)

i have same problem vodafone 945(zte Joe) 

mustifanci
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 6 of 42 (9,516 Views)

[ Edited ]

Same problem.

ZTE Blade/Orange San Fran.

It doesn't seem like this bug should be that hard to fix? I did plan to use Skype for international calling, but I'm just not going to be able to until this problem is solved.

Felix
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 7 of 42 (9,505 Views)

I feel the same way. Skype seemed a logical choice for me to cut costs on my phone bill on my andriod phone, however using the skype service and only being able to speak via loudspeaker is not acceptable. privacy amongst other things goes right out the window. If Skype wants to keep me and others as customers and wants us all to promote their service, please engineer an update to fix such an obvious flaw in andriod-skype's telecommunicational design.

RG
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 8 of 42 (9,476 Views)

I also have the issue with Skype sound not comming via the ear-piece but from the normal speakers (we all want privacy!!!).

It should already have been fixed!

ZTE Blade (Sapo A5) with Android 2.3.

galv_amiais
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 9 of 42 (9,437 Views)

Hi, today I've downloaded the new Skype version from Android Market, but this problem isn't solved ((( :smileysad:

0 Kudos
yura3d
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 42 (9,406 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling