Re: Skype video call not working on atrix 2?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype video call not working on atrix 2?

i installed the app and enabled it in the settings but when i try to start a video call is keeps saying initializing video. the call sometime goes through but there would be no video just a black screen but i can here the other person and i can see the mute, end call, and camera switch buttons. can anyone help?

an4564
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 12 (4,125 Views)

I'm having the same problem. Any tips?

kimmygurl80
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 12 (3,990 Views)

Same issue here. I can switch between the cameras but the same result, black screen, I can also see the camera on the other end but they can not see mine.

0 Kudos
frodo_livez
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 12 (3,977 Views)

Same thing, no video. This has been pointed out in YouTube reviews of the phone as well. 

0 Kudos
lferrante
Casual Tourist
Message 4 of 12 (3,966 Views)

i got a message saying that the atrix 2 was not yet supported but you could use the camera for video ...... maybe theyll put out an update soon thatll make it work
0 Kudos
weiny
Casual Tourist
Message 5 of 12 (3,906 Views)

I tried this morning. no luck. there definitly needs to be an update to get this working.  When i bought the phone they told me it had the capacity to video caht, so why not skype?

0 Kudos
crainicianu
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 12 (3,746 Views)

does anyone know when the video chat will be ready for the atrix 2 i just bought mine today, and kinda disappointed that its not working, im having the same problem, just a blank black screen, but everything else is working fine.

NathansBigWorld
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 12 (3,676 Views)

I bought the phone yesterday and they told me I could Skype as well. I downloaded it and can see and hear the other person, they can hear me too but they cant see me!!

0 Kudos
Jennimonath
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 12 (3,651 Views)

can we get any message from someone at skype saying where they may be at in stages of this update?

crainicianu
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 12 (3,648 Views)

same problem as everybody else wheres skype   help  before i return this phone

0 Kudos
randy1
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 12 (3,322 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling