Skype sound problem! Tablet android 4.0! PLEASE H...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype sound problem! Tablet android 4.0! PLEASE HELP!

Hi!

I have a problem with skype.

So, first of all I have a Navon Platinum 7" 4GB tablet which has Android 4.0 on it.

I installed Skype and tried to make a call.

It was all doing good I was able to make a call however I didn't hear anything of the talking of my friend. He could hear me but I couldn't hear him.

I tried everything I could:

-Turn volume to max in settings and on the volume buttons

-Turn volume to max in Skype

-I even tried to download ooVoo and that did not work too (same problems)

-My friend turned everything to max. (mic, speakers...)

-Tried it with earphones too.

The video was good.

My friend was able to hear me but my problem is that I could not hear him (or anyone else)

Please I need help with this. What should I do? I need Skype!

Kevik078
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 1 of 2 (3,048 Views)

Re: Skype sound problem! Tablet android 4.0! PLEASE HELP!

Hi,

I am not sure if this helps you but I had exactly the same problem. When making a call on skype the other side could hear me perfectly but I coundt hear anything. 

when you dial the number a page pops up and an icon that if pressed shows two options earphones and a loud speaker ...I know that it seems really basic but you need to press loud speaker or plug in the earphones..the programme doesnt authomaticly switch it on...maybe it doesnt assume you want to hear the other side :wink:..

i really hope this helps you...

d.

DaelD
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 2 (2,277 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling