Skype says I must enter a country code

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: Skype says I must enter a country code

I just encountered this problem with skype as well. I can get it to work by entering +1 in front of the number, but that is not good enough. I want to use skype as the dialer for contacts, and it gives me the error without any option to edit the number after that. There is no way I'm going to change all of the phone numbers in all of my contacts. Skype needs a setting for the default country code. Seriously, don't most people make most of their calls to one country?
Posted from Generic Android
jacksenechal
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 21 of 58 (42,495 Views)

Thank you, helpes out a lot
0 Kudos
andreathomas523
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 22 of 58 (42,463 Views)

[ Edited ]

On android you must use 001 as the USA country code. I had same problem till I used 001+number

dangerussx
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 23 of 58 (42,375 Views)

+1
0 Kudos
ogjewlz13
Novel Tourist
Message 24 of 58 (42,124 Views)

This app sucks,no matter how you put the number in you get the same thing, wrong number.

sigma380
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 25 of 58 (42,084 Views)

A lot of people on this thread are making the same suggestion over and over.  The thing is, it's actually a problem in the Skype app.  

When this problem is happening on your phone, even if you enter the number correctly, it will still give you that error.  And by correctly, I mean entering it as +1-Area Code-Number.  However, what I have found works is if I log out and log back in, it will start to work again.

stacecom
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 26 of 58 (41,996 Views)

Logging off and on is making no difference to me

Taildragger1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 27 of 58 (41,938 Views)

I agree!!!! This app sucks,no matter how you put the number in you get the same thing, wrong number. This didn't used to happen. What's up and please....no more suggestions to enter the country code....+1, +01, ,+001, 0011 logging off, logging on, uninstall re-install.....nothing works anymore

Taildragger1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 28 of 58 (41,933 Views)

Thanks so much :happy:
0 Kudos
cyndeebell1
Novel Tourist
Message 29 of 58 (41,831 Views)

I was having the same problem. I would get to the end of my sign up , put in my phone number and it would give me the message about needing the country code. After reading all these posts and trying everything---The one that finally worked was this.

And it only worked with the space where I show it.

+011 19031234567            I used a fake number, of course.

Hope this helped.

hanggliderking
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 30 of 58 (41,665 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling