Skype on Samsung Galaxy S3

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: Skype on Samsung Galaxy S3

That is shame sk
ype is not working on galaxy s3 .best phone but no skype
Posted from Samsung GT-I9000
sarwar1986uk
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 51 of 177 (25,963 Views)

Skype worked 2 times on my Galaxy S3, and now I experience all the problems others have described.  No contacts, no phone ringing, no video chat joy.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still won't work.  Have installed Tango and will try that out.  If/when Microsoft decides to make this Skype app compatible I *may* consider coming back.  But Tango doesn't charge for anything and Skype does.  Hmmmm... guess that's what happens when Microsoft tries to take over too much.

FourGs
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 52 of 177 (25,923 Views)

Was experiencing same issues as everyone else.  Tried re-installing this morning.  Video and audio calls are working now, contacts and skype credit appears.  Maybe a fix posted to the Andoid Market over the weekend?  

0 Kudos
gilz
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 53 of 177 (25,887 Views)

So, apparently after 3 weeks of these same problems, nothing being done? I just downloaded Skye today, and still have the exact same problems as everyone else: doesn't allow me to log in the first few times, can't update the contacts or sticks at 3%, and call test doesn't work.

Why even both with Skype if it can't work on Samsung's flagship phone?

0 Kudos
pdxdad
Novel Tourist
Message 54 of 177 (25,730 Views)

It works !!!!  Don't know what changed TBH, but when my phone woke up this morning all was well with Skype.  My address book is current, alerts work, Incoming and outgoing IM, voice and video calls work.  Happy days.

Brian

0 Kudos
bacronin
Novel Adventurer
Message 55 of 177 (25,541 Views)

same here. I tried numerous times install/unistall. Tried for 2nd. time today & all works on my S111
Bill
0 Kudos
billandcec
Novel Adventurer
Message 56 of 177 (25,522 Views)

I gat same problem no .other s ms .all other working perfect?
Posted from Samsung GT-I9100
0 Kudos
mahmoodqureshi
Novel Adventurer
Message 57 of 177 (25,489 Views)

Well, tried to sign in again this AM. Nothing. Finally able to sign in, but no on-line contacts. Very frustrating.

tried again to no avail.

Is Skype listening????

0 Kudos
billandcec
Novel Adventurer
Message 58 of 177 (25,474 Views)

Again, today, could not sign in. \After 3 attempts I got in, but still no on-line contacts show up. Signed in & out, but still not working. Is anybody at Skype listening?????

Bill

0 Kudos
billandcec
Novel Adventurer
Message 59 of 177 (25,400 Views)

I managed to get skype to login via 3G. The only way I managed this though was to login via wifi then exit the app. Then I had to login again via 3G. This worked every time I did it......buuuuut there was one huge flaw every time I did this the app crashed within 30 secs. I couldn't even call the echo test without it crashing and then it decided that it would keep crashing even if I left it in standby. Stupid Skype is becoming more and more frustrating. Just need a decent cross platform voip and ill leave Skype. When I first had the software I loved it and was going to get the premium package but I can't warrant doing it when it is so temperamental on my PC and just plain doesn't work on my phone.

philipjames6
Novel Tourist
Message 60 of 177 (25,258 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling