Skype on Android tablet

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype on Android tablet

Hi. Is there a version for tablets? can't download the widely available version (assume its for phones only?), and can't find another version on a google search. I have Android 2.2.

Thanks
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
Dadstheman
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 54
Message 1 of 52 (86,381 Views)

Re: Skype on Android tablet

Try downloud skype program from Andoid Market. IT works, but no video cal on tablet.
Posted from Generic Android
josuka_neto
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 24
Message 2 of 52 (86,315 Views)

Do we have any inklings as to a release date?  I'm looking to replace a laptop, but need skype tablet functionality before completely "cutting the cord".

thehaggis
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 3 of 52 (86,228 Views)

Some functions in some tablets does not work on tablet. Some has video with skype, orthes no... It seens that microsofit will not up-date skype for android... I am forced to move to google talk, that has video and msn... I will not go to MSN... MSN no thanks.  By the way: even with tablet, some funcions in others app we still need a desktop/laptop... (I realy cant belive on that, but it is true).

josuka_neto
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 24
Message 4 of 52 (86,221 Views)

hum3220
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 52 (85,122 Views)

Me too, I'm looking for a Skype version for Android tablets. Someone has found it ?
If I download from the market the "Skype" the installation is okay but when I login, I have the message "interruption - reinstall it" and even I do it, it's always the same thing: same message etc. Maybe there is another version of Skype for Android ? or someone knows how to fix the problem ? Please, help me...

max63
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 52 (85,059 Views)

ooVoo promises to support 6-way video chat on Android, iPhone, Mac & Windows desktop.

Watch out Skype, if you won't support video on Android tablets prepare for a loss of market share.

nalbion
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 7 of 52 (84,605 Views)

There are a number of recently released Android tablets and phones currently on the market that have front and rear cameras that are not supported by Skype for Android. This is because the processors (Tegra 2) does not support the "NEON" instruction set. Earlier in the year (January 2011?) Nvidia demonstrated an Android application on the Asus Transformer that was built using the Skype "Skypekit".

Why can't skype use this "Skypekit" to make skype work with the Tegra processor

? When will Skype support the Tegra 2 processor ?

There is a growing demand for video calls on tablets and phones. If Skype doesn't support that demand, they'll lose a big chunck of their market.

pdestrais
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 8 of 52 (84,587 Views)

they have skype in the market. i haven't had a problem with it on my acer iconia a500. it still doesn't support video calling. on my evo 4g it does now support video.

enemyalec
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 9 of 52 (84,442 Views)

Please tell me what version to download on a Galaxy 7" tablet.  thanks!

holy-food
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 10 of 52 (83,955 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling