Skype mobile login problems

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype mobile login problems

I can successfully enter my password in Skype, on my computer.  When I enter the same password on my new Android phone, Skype says it's an incorrect password.

pookie
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 13
Message 1 of 14 (9,590 Views)

Re: Skype mobile login problems

I have the same problem here. I have a generated, complex password, which does not work.

If I change the password to a simple phrase, i can log in on my android phone.

But simple passwords are not the solution, i think.

grosserwolff
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 14 (9,573 Views)

Skype Android login problems

I have Android phone comes with skype can never login

Android 2.2.1

Downloaded and installed latest skype many times still no luck

Any help... please

0 Kudos
Leguolass
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 14 (9,565 Views)

I have the same problem ..

There is a big problem with the login procedure .

Please Fix it.  PLEASE  .....

vincenzo0077
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 14 (9,425 Views)

This is now March of 2012 and I have the same problem. I can log in on the computer but not on Android. Skype is really on top of this problem. In a pigs eye.

nmicskey
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 14 (9,156 Views)

I just got a new Samsung Galaxy S2 with the latest Android and I am also not able to login to my Skype account.
Can somebody please tell me why that does not work?
Thanks!
nickinho
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 11
Message 6 of 14 (8,902 Views)

New user here. HTC Desire. I am also having the login problems as reported above. I would like to use Skype on the mobile as well as my home PC but this appears to be a really bad app. I also notice that there has been no response from anyone at Skype on this thread. 

Looks like they just don't care!

0 Kudos
jokaboat
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 14 (8,876 Views)

Hi, I updated on my HTC Sensation (Android 4.0) skype 2.8, it was A HUGE MISTAKE, can´t login, says check Yout network connection (all other apps with internet needed DO WORK), unintalling an d new install didn´t help, so You can get old versions for example on: http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/skype#old_versions   (skype 2.6 for example)

remember to allow non android market apps to be installed (settings/security in the menue) on Your mobile device! It also might help to power off and take the battery away and restart again (configuring apps again), try both, for me it worked, don´t use automatic updates other ways You get 2.8 skype immediately again!

jnm
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 8 of 14 (8,847 Views)

I had the same problem and cleared cache in the Settings-Applications-Skype.

webb4Brevard
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 9 of 14 (8,262 Views)

This solution worked for me on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats, running ICS. Thanks.

0 Kudos
dnessim
Casual Tourist
Message 10 of 14 (7,722 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling