Skype icon not showing notification as email or te...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype icon not showing notification as email or text icons do

Does anyone know why the Skype icon doesn't dynamically show notifications like any other icon on the android platform?

If I get an email - my mail icon displays this by incrementing a number over the mail icon - same for my texts. However the skype icon doesn't change - even if I have had a recent message. If I click on the icon to open the skype app - I then see a red notification on the recent icon within. What I want to know is - can I get these notifications on the skype icon on my homepage like the mail and text icons? I miss so many messages this way ...

Thanks!

BoBoz
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 3 (463 Views)

Re: Skype icon not showing notification as email or text icons do

I would like to know this as well. As is, the icon is useless and having to open up Skype to see if any activity was missed is really annoying. Does anyone know of a workaround? Thanks.
0 Kudos
MBA_Racer
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 3 (391 Views)

Re: Skype icon not showing notification as email or text icons do

I see lots of other users are asking for notification in the top notification bar on Android phones too. Even this would be better than no notification at present. Does anyone know of a solution yet?
0 Kudos
BoBoz
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 3 (346 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling