Skype does not work over 3g network

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype does not work over 3g network

I bought a samsung galaxy y dous running 2.3.6.   I bought a monthly subcription. I bought a skype number. I went for the pay only half price if you buy a year in advance. I signed up for a BIG data plan. None of this works! Why doesn't skype just say "for wifi only"? What do I do now with my BIG data plan? Skype number for a year...? It Would have been perfect for staying in touch with my family in another country. I have the latest software from google play. My firmware is up to date. This is a Skype problem....

So what to do?

0 Kudos
wrh1000
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (6,153 Views)

Re: Skype does not work over 3g network

http://shop.skype.com/know-how/videos/glossary/3g/   is one of the reasons bought into skype....Just doesn't work. How can they make these claims?

0 Kudos
wrh1000
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 6 (6,126 Views)

Well... I ditched this phone and bought a Samsung Galaxy S3. The first phone exceeded specs (but not by much)....So I don't know. I just know the Galaxy S3 That costs 4 times as much DOES work with Skype over a 3G network.....I can place calls from South America to any USA cell or house phone. And with my skype number they can call me. However Video is just a blackish green screen. So I can call...but video calls don't work.  Could be Skype, could be the S3. Since I don't use it for video, I don't care.

0 Kudos
wrh1000
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (5,902 Views)

How can I use my video call on my samsung galaxy y dous....
Posted from Samsung GT-S6102
0 Kudos
Eliezer28
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 6 (4,927 Views)

Hi

Does your samsung galaxy y model have 2 cameras, one on the front and one on the back?

I saw the specifications online and they say it does not have 2 camera, which is needed for video calling.

0 Kudos
sawadee
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 80
Message 5 of 6 (4,915 Views)

Just download " Vpn1Click " from google play and after installing

connect it to any country's server

after connecting sign into skype and it will work

:wink:

0 Kudos
islamabdelhafez
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 6 (2,876 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling