Skype contacts on android mess wich my contacts on...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype contacts on android mess wich my contacts on the phone + bad talking quality

Hi,

I must say, I am really annoyed by Skype on Android (HTC Desire HD). The problem is that when I sync my contacts on Skype with my contacts on my phone, I always can see ALL the Skype contacts I EVER had, even if I deleted them YEARS ago. This cannot be possible. If I delete them from my contact list, I expect that they are GONE as if I never added them at all. If I block them it is not the same thing, as if I just delete them, because I forbid them to contact me, but that is not what I want. I want them just not in my list any more and I do not want them to mess with my existing contacts.

One example: I once called my girlfriend on Skype on her cellphone. Now there is a "contact" in my contact list of Skype (not the visible list, but only the one that get synced with my contacts) that only shows her number. But it is not even a Skype contact at all, just her phone number. What on earth is this contact doing in the list, I don't have it in my contact list of Skype at all.

Another example: There are a few contacts that I never did anything else with that put it on my Block list, because they contacted me with crap and I didn't even know them. Now, they get listed in my contact list, when I sync my phone.

This cannot be it, or is this they way they intended to do this?

One very different thing is, that Skype calls are almost impossible to do. Quality is crazy bad, even if I use it over a very fast wifi...when I use it over the same wifi on my MAC it is totally fine, but when I make a call with my phone to the same contact (Skype to Skype), I do not understand a word.

I am really discouraged, what are your experiences and is there anything I can do to improve? Thanks a lot guys :happy:

dmj
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 10 (15,450 Views)

Re: Skype contacts on android mess wich my contacts on the phone + bad talking quality

I actually just noticed the same behavior with the new version.

Since I upgraded (2.0.047), the numbers that I call from skype get added in my global android contacts ("People"). They do not appear in my Skype contacts, either on Android Skype, or PC Skype, but are in the synchronized ones (and the total number of contacts synchronized include those numbers).

This is a change of behavior form previous version, and have not seen any place to disable this behavior. could this be a bug introduced with the new release ?

0 Kudos
Rnodoh
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 10 (15,445 Views)

Re: Skype contacts on android mess wich my contacts on the phone + bad talking quality

[ Edited ]

yes same problem here on my android tab, my android contacts list has been populated with 73 contacts that I guess  ever sent me anything...(I don't know them and have never had conversations with them or had message chats with them) really annoying. they cannot be removed theogh skyp as they don't show up in the skype contacts list and they cannot be deleted via the android contacts app as it considers them read only. Uninstalled

0 Kudos
gelfster
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 10 (15,435 Views)

Me too - Any solutions?
0 Kudos
sunshine_irl
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 10 (15,375 Views)

The same here.

I've got 18.000 (...) Skype marked phone numbers listed in my Android Contacts. They are visuaaly in the way and they destroy performance when I'm trying to select a contact to call. Stopping syncing doesn't help. Would removal of the app do so?

I probably hit "All" when initially syncing Skype contacts. I should have hit "only merging existing contacts"or so, but couldn't have known this.

What's the solution?

PLease help.
Rob. 

0 Kudos
RobJWMSNelders
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 10 (15,273 Views)

I can definitely relate I have a galaxy s smartphone and has 3 contact list. whenever the computer on my smartphone take me to 1 of the lists it is the 1 that's the contacts are tripled each 1 of the contacts that is!!!SO I CAN totally relate to your contact fustration. all I want is to bring up a few contacts I have an I can't that is to say my skype contacts.
Posted from Samsung SGH-I807D
bigal19634
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 10 (14,847 Views)

- Launch Skype for Android
- Login to your account
- go to Settings / Sync contacts
- change the setting to either "Sync with existing contacts" or to "Don't sync"
- Check your contacts to see if they are really gone.
ericswainsbury
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 10 (14,805 Views)

Problem solved! Thanks ericswainsbury
0 Kudos
edmundovic
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 10 (14,633 Views)

Helped alot, thanks!
0 Kudos
ghostgraveyard3
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 10 (10,143 Views)

same problem - im on the skype app but i cant find settings??
Posted from Samsung GT-I9305
0 Kudos
kb7
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 10 (5,673 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling