Skype Video calling on Samsung Galaxy S2

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype Video calling on Samsung Galaxy S2

I just bought the new Samsung galaxy S2 and downloaded Skype Android but all I can do is Voice call people, there is no Video Call even though the phone has a rear and front camera. How do I fix this?

Dave

DavidJurica
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 85
Message 1 of 65 (149,509 Views)

Re: Skype Video calling on Samsung Galaxy S2

got the same error no video the is sound good

jaspuce
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 12
Message 2 of 65 (149,329 Views)

I have a international unlocked & unbranded Samsung Galaxy S2. I too have the same problem ... I can't seem to make video calls on Skype.

Does anyone know if Skype video calling is supported on the Galoaxy S2?

Thanks!

dilbert
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 16
Message 3 of 65 (149,218 Views)

As of 4th August 2011 , Skype has released a new official update in the android market    (ver - 2.1.0.46) which supports the video calling option in Samsung galaxy s2 and it gives the user 3 options while doing a video call

1. Use front camera (2mp )

2. Use back camera (8mp)

3. Don't show your video :happy:

Happy Video calling using ur Samsung Galaxy S2 , no more hacked or unofficial skype software , go in for the official Skype software !!!!

sanchez
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 12
Message 4 of 65 (148,799 Views)

i can get video on samsung galaxy s2 but no sound. it keeps telling me my mic is muted.. what can i do???

Cim
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 5 of 65 (148,457 Views)

Unfortunately not. I have a samsung galaxy tab 10.1 and of august 4th it should work with video. I downloaded the newest version but no difference at all. No camera! I contacted Samsung and they advised me to go to Skype and Skype advised me to go to Samsung. So that will not work. Anybody good ideas to help me out?

lindasxm
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 6 of 65 (148,354 Views)

Hey Sanchez

I've downloaded the 2.1.0.46 official skype on my phone which I only received yesterday -- but I get no video skype option. Sound works beautifully. Task manager has nothing running -- perhaps there is something else interfering with the camera? Any advice appreciated.

Cheers :happy:

computaguoxford
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 17
Message 7 of 65 (148,326 Views)

Skype Video calling for SGX2 is ok, only 1 problem that will need some advices ...when making video calling no voice to Bluetooth only on speaker phone of SGX2...any solution for this
sakchai163
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 8 of 65 (148,255 Views)

Simply uninstalling skype and reinstalling it solved the problem. I'm now very happy with skype and video calling.
computaguoxford
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 17
Message 9 of 65 (148,224 Views)

I have download this latest skype app ver. but still have no joy in seeing video (sound is good). Unistalled and reinstalled a couple of times but makes symptoms are still the same.  To the users above in this thread...... did you change any settings to enable video calls? 

I_dinna_ken
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 13
Message 10 of 65 (148,088 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling