I guess video calling is indeed active on the tablet - no point blaming Skype.
Follow these simple steps and it works:
1. Ensure the version used is 2.5 or higher
2. Login Skype and get to the blue page where you find the four options - 'Contacts, Recent, Call phones, Profile'
3. You will find 5 icons on the bottom - go to the last one (the one with 3 horizontal bars). Click on it
4. You will find 4 options - 'Sign out, settings, about Skype, help'. Click on Settings (Second option)
5. You will find a host of options - scroll down till you reach 'Video Calls' tab. Find 'Enable video calling' option by ticking the box.
After this, I was able to video call my contacts. Hope this helps.
For some reason I dont see the 5 icons on the bottom - particularly the last one (the one with 3 horizontal bars). Could it be that I dont see it because I log on to Skype when I launch the App on Tab?
Skype version 2.6 available on Android market....If anybody is not able to make video calls even after enabling the video option in settings then he/she must insist her/his contacts to update their respective Skype softwares whether they are on iPads or PC or Mac....Video will start working immediately.
Video calling does work. But the answers I saw didn't go far enough. After I enabled video calling as above, I still didn't see any mention of video calling until I set up a contact. Then you have a button to make a video call listed under the contact name. BTW, it is also working on my ASUS Transformer tab as well.
I confirm samsung tablet is working with video skype .....!
Make sure that your tablet is switch on video and not on photo !
Watch that on your "photo camera" icon.
After, click on your skype contacts .... on the upper side the video
icon will appear ... click on it to connect ! That's it !