Re: Skype 2.7 for Android - Improved calling exper...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype 2.7 for Android - Improved calling experience

We have released a new version of Skype for Android.

The main efforts on this release have gone to improving the calling experience and enabling video calling for the Samsung Epic 4G Touch.

Upgrade to the latest version of Skype for Android from the Android Market and share your feedback here. Please also don't forget to give us your rating on the Android Market so we and other users know if we did good.

Improvements and new features:

• Calling interface updated
  • Improved quality
  • Enabled video calling for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 14263
Message 1 of 77 (9,935 Views)

Re: Skype 2.7 for Android - Improved calling experience

My phone auto updated during the night, as a result I cannot sign in. when i click the button nothing happens. I use htc desire hd, android 2.3.5.
ltoshev
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 2 of 77 (9,780 Views)

[ Edited ]

The calling experience may have been improved for some, but still video calling on the Motorola Xoom causes the application to crash and have to be forcibly stopped.  This is the second update that hasn't worked, is there any news on a version that will work?

My Xoom is running latest version of Skype on Android 3.2.

JonKong
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 77 (9,775 Views)

[ Edited ]

same here video call on motorola Xoom still not working at all. When will it be done?

p.s. video call works on my Samsung Galaxy S2 though.

porson_office
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 77 (9,767 Views)

[ Edited ]

My contacts disappeared and I cannot call a single phone number using Skype! Great update! My calling experience is so improved I feel like crying!

Kira1982
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 77 (9,718 Views)

The new v2.7.0.907 for Android seems to disable the Caller ID setting that I had established years ago on my paid SkypeOut account. I can set it back to my verified cell phone number, by logging into my Skype account online, but I need to do this after every use of Skype for Android v2.7.0.907. I've temporarily switched back to the previous version (v2.6.0.95), which did not have this problem. I have both a regular cell phone, which is my main phone, and a Motorola Triumph smartphone, which I'm just trying out via WiFi at this time.

hraillard
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 77 (9,702 Views)

1. Crashing  2. People can't hear me after about 50 seconds  3. Need to force close

Samsung galaxy young:speechless:

0 Kudos
yousef8824
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 425
Message 7 of 77 (9,672 Views)

hraillard: Thanks for reporting. We could confirm this issue and will address it in a future update. Sorry for the inconvencience caused by this.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
0 Kudos
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 14263
Message 8 of 77 (9,645 Views)

After this update my number is also showing restricted even though I pay for a Skype phone number. Additionally this update has broken my ability to change the call volume. I'm running the Transformer Prime under android 4.0.3. This update has almost made skype unusable on the prime when paired with all the other issues skype has on the Prime.
JohnathanZ
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 77 (9,640 Views)

I updated my android tonight and now I get calls and messages from people not on my friends list... will this be fixed soon? I have to be invisible to keep people away. .. thats not good as my friends can't see I'm on... Oh and my privacy setting is set for friends only for everything.

momicked12
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 10 of 77 (9,612 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling