Skype 2.7.0.907 on Moto Xoom -Low Volume

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype 2.7.0.907 on Moto Xoom -Low Volume

Motorola Xoom - Stock (no root)

Android 4.0 (ICS)

Skype 2.7.0.907

My older version of Skype worked great for Audio and/or Video calls.  I recently updated to 2.7.0.907 and tried to make a call this evening.  The recieve audio is really low.  If I plug in ear buds it's a little better but still. 

The volume on the xoom is all the way up.  All my other sounds on the xoom are loud.  It's kind of a problem when on a call and an email comes in.  :happy:

I shut down, force closed Skype, cleared the cache and settings, and restarted.  Still the same result.  Same result when I call the test servers.

Anyone else had a problem like this with the new version?  Any ideas how to get around it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
DataWeasel
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (845 Views)

Re: Skype 2.7.0.907 on Moto Xoom -Low Volume

I've done some additional checking and searching.  I see that there are other threads on the forums dealing with this problem in prior releases.  All my prior releases worked fine until 2.7.0.907 - but this may be the first update I've done since Android 4.0.

As stated I've forced stopped, cleared cache, cleared setting.  I've event done this, uninstalled, reinstalled, and tried again.  Same issue when calling anyone on my call list or the test servers.

I've verified that all my sound settings for playback on the Xoom are at 100%.  I uninstalled after clearing settings, went into the file system to find anything having to do with Skype (found nothing), reinstalled and tried again.  Same result.

Does anyone from Skype ever post in these forums that (a) this is or is not a known issue with the version and (b) it's expected to be fixed in future version something-or-other?

Thanks

0 Kudos
DataWeasel
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 5 (735 Views)

We are having the same problem with ours... although the problem is with all video calling for us, including the google talk video calling as well.... all volume is turned up, not sure what to do!

0 Kudos
CannFam
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 5 (662 Views)

Good news. I just installed the update (2.8.0.920) and it seems to fix it. At least the test service is at normal volume now. I haven't tried another contact yet.
Posted from Motorola xt875
0 Kudos
DataWeasel
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 5 (463 Views)

I have an HTC sensation running ice cream sandwich and the new Skype update has left me with barely audible sound. I can barely hear it ring when I'm waiting for a call to connect and once the call has connected I can hardly hear the person speaking. Has never been a problem before, I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no success and any settings options don't include a volume option...any thoughts?
Posted from HTC Z710
0 Kudos
bethbc
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 5 (380 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling