Samsung Galaxy S3 - iPhone 4S

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Samsung Galaxy S3 - iPhone 4S

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy S3, my husband has an iPhone 4S. When trying to make a video call connection, I could see him, but he could not see me. I could not unselect my icon for "no camera" on the Galaxy, no matter how hard I tried.

Then we tried a connection from an iTouch to the iPhone 4S. The result was the same. He could not see me. The iTouch was working correctly as I could see and hear him AND my camera image was present in the bottom corner.

Lastly, we tried a connection from a laptop to the iPhone 4S. Still the same result. He could not see me even though the camera was working fine on the laptop.

Is there a video problem with BOTH iPhone 4S AND Samsung Galaxy S3????

0 Kudos
DCTwave
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 4 (5,376 Views)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - iPhone 4S

Having similar issues with the iPhone 4 and the Galaxy S3. My outcome is different though...

When ever we do a Skype Video call, over wi-fi, the other person's image comes up purple and chops in and out on my screen, while I come up green and do the same thing. Regardless of how many times we uninstall, reinstall, call, hang up, it keeps occurring. The voice quality is fine, it's just the video that keeps having problems.

Possible problem with both does seem likely, even though it says Galaxy S3 and the iPhone 4 are supported.

Also, Galaxy S3 Model is "U.S. Cellular Samsung SCH-R530U"
0 Kudos
SpentNewspapers
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 4 (5,226 Views)

Same prob I then skyped from P.C to Samsung S3 that worked then went back to I phone4S to S3 and that works . Go figure
0 Kudos
clifftu
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (4,635 Views)

skype doesn't care! Use Tango, MUCH better customer support!
0 Kudos
Really_Skype
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 4 of 4 (4,633 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling