Samsung Galaxy S - video on front camera is sidewa...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Samsung Galaxy S - video on front camera is sideways, even if i rotate my phone!

Samsung Galaxy S - video on front camera is sideways, even if i rotate my phone!  I am happy that the new version 2.5.0.108 allows me to use my front camera, but the problem is that my image is sideways on my screen as well as the person I am skyping with.  Don't see any setting to adjust rotation, figure it is an issue with this version of the app.   Is there any way I can rotate the image so I am upright?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
karlenemo
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (7,310 Views)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S - video on front camera is sideways, even if i rotate my phone!

I have the exact same problem on my epic 4g galaxy S and wondering how to fix it!

0 Kudos
silverwingshg
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 7 (7,202 Views)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S - video on front camera is sideways, even if i rotate my phone!

Having the same issue on my EVO as well.  It must be a problem with the coding in the app...

0 Kudos
coloradom
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 7 (7,158 Views)

0 Kudos
aaronh845
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 7 (6,993 Views)

Same problem on my Galaxy S. The update says there should be portrait, landscape, and zoom features, but I can't find it. Please fix this. 

0 Kudos
aaronh845
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 7 (6,991 Views)

Hi.

I am using the Samsung Galaxy S2 phone for the following. (other phones may be similar)

Does the screen rotate between portrait and landscape orientation during normal use? (not using Skype).

If not, check the phone menu settings under Display where you should see a tick box for Auto-rotate Screen it should have a green tick in the box. Now the phone should automatically rotate.

On your phone, click the Skype icon to open Skype to the main screen, then click the Menu button on the bottom of the main phone panel where you should see Settings in the Menu. Click Settings and then click the tick box next to Enable rotation and Zoom feature to enable Skype to rotate the video call screen.

Does these changes fix your problem?

Steve.

0 Kudos
sawadee
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 82
Message 6 of 7 (6,985 Views)

Hi

Also check that you have Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) version and later Skype Android 2.5.0.160 from the Android Market downloaded on your phone.

Earlier versions of Android and Skype do not support the latest video features etc.

Steve.

sawadee
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 82
Message 7 of 7 (6,984 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling