Rotation issue Galaxy SL i9003

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Rotation issue Galaxy SL i9003

HI,

on Galaxy S SCL i9003, with XXKPQ firmware (european custom ROM, official from Samsung) Gingerbread 2.3.6, for the first time, skype (2.6.0.95) works well. Audio OK, and both cameras work, not black screen, not zoom issue, not green flickering, but only exists rotation issue. Always happens and I tried  more than 15 times. If you can activate the rotation swicht as on galaxy s2 (don't appear the zoom and rotation options), I will fix the issue manually, and  It will work perfect on my i9003. Please, look this theme.

If you can add this option (2.6.0.95 from s2 have it) skype will work for the first time in my device (i9003) please. In my device doesn't appear rotate camera option, and I am on 2.6.0.75

Skype says that my device is not certified, I think that's why.
But in settings, only appears: enable videocalls, receive videocall from, show my video to, and video quality.
And during a video call I can only swicht front and back camera and video off, but I can't rotate video.
Its because my device is not certified? But everything works fine (image, audio) only the rotation issue.

sc201112140135212.jpg

0 Kudos
Unkalo
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 6 (830 Views)

Re: Rotation issue Galaxy SL i9003

im having simmilar issues with a gallaxy s 4g skype video is upside down and cant fix ... whats the delio with this update ... how do u go back to previouis versions

0 Kudos
Cuxy
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 6 (656 Views)

same issue w/ galaxy s 4g.. any fixes / updates?
0 Kudos
amitgupta3000
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 6 (608 Views)

Try by terminating Skype and erasing data and cache. Restart, login, refuse VC activation proposal, go to settings, check VC. This way you should get “Enable zoom and rotation“
sal1ecc
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 6 (565 Views)

Does not work
Posted from Google Ice Cream Sandwich
0 Kudos
ccamstelveen
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (445 Views)

Today I installed the last update.

I finally got the rotate camara option!... but... it does nothing at all.

Doesn´t fix the rotation problem.

Is it so difficult?

Really?

It´s been more than half an year with this issue.

There are third party programmers that fixed the issue but Skype can´t get it to work correctly?

0 Kudos
abazzarini
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 6 (435 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling