Ringing Volume On Galaxy Note Low

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Ringing Volume On Galaxy Note Low

I recently bought a galaxy note and installed skype. I m keeping this app on all the time. I realised that if some one calls me on skype I cannot hear the ring as it is too low. How do I increase this?

0 Kudos
srawtani
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (1,851 Views)

Re: Ringing Volume On Galaxy Note Low

Have you had an answer yet?

0 Kudos
mintjello
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 4 (1,586 Views)

Hi

There has been some talk about the ring tone volume before in the forums.

Skype uses the "Media" volume and not the standard "Incoming Call" volume. You'll find the Media Volume under  >Settings  >Sounds  >Volume

Slide the volume control of the "Media" selection to the right and you should get a loude ring tone.

The default Skype ringtone is the "Modern" ringtone sound the same as the PC, except the Android phone Skype ringtone is currently not able to be changed to another choice ringtone sound.  It should sound loud enough if you use your mobile phone's cable headset/mic plugged in, but the speaker (in my opinion) is not very loud as I find on my Samsung Galaxy S2 device.

To my knowledge, there is no option to make the ringtone louder, other than to check your Media Volume selection is on full.

Steve.

0 Kudos
sawadee
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 80
Message 3 of 4 (1,572 Views)

I also turned up the Media volume to the fullest. The Media volume works well with any audio files on any website or internally saved audio files. I usually have to turn it down because it is too loud. It does not sufficiently increase the Skype ringer volume so that you can reliably hear it. I have searched the net for an answer and have yet to come up with a solution. Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
wollbolds1
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 4 (1,105 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling