Not receiving all messages on Samsung galaxy s2

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Not receiving all messages on Samsung galaxy s2

I often use the skype app for messaging, but every now and then I do not receive a message. I have windows skype running at the same time, and use android skype when I walk away from the computer. Sometimes a conversation doesn't make sense to me anymore.. and when I go check my computer it appears there's an extra message i didn't get on my phone. I haven't yet established if this is caused by being signed in on both pc and phone. As far as I remember, i haven't missed any messages when it was just on my phone, but I only ever find out when I go back to my pc. 

On a side note, the app works great, and it's almost always on. Great call quality both video and audio, good and easy interface, i love it. 

0 Kudos
Charand
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (1,611 Views)

Re: Not receiving all messages on Samsung galaxy s2

it will only work (receive calls) for the first 5mins if you "sync" your accounts

try it and time it

/setttings/accounts and select each account and hit menu "sync now"

0 Kudos
tdbone1
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 17
Message 2 of 3 (1,390 Views)

Re: Not receiving all messages on Samsung galaxy s2

Thanks for your reply.

I have no problem receiving calls.

I just don't get all of the messages people write to me. They are left out in the middle of the conversation. Skype is always synched. And if I manually sync it now, it's not bringing up that message that I do have on windows. Somehow it just doesn't show some messages..

0 Kudos
Charand
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (1,387 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling