Motorola Droid RAZR Video Call?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: Motorola Droid RAZR Video Call?

I have a Motorola Droid Razr and Skype Video works perfectly using front or Rear camera, 3g, 4g, or WiFi. Make sure you completely uninstall previous versions of skype from your phone and then install the latest version from the market. After that, if it's not working, then maybe it's just an ID10t error.
dcs1859
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 21 of 30 (7,758 Views)

I just got the razr maxx. I used to have a droid x. Like you, when I switched phones all my old apps. from the old phone automatically uploaded to the new phone.
I noticed that skype mobile did not work. I got the message that is not ready for my device.
the fix.
went to the market and downloaded the latest version ( note: it is called just "skype" now).
unistalled the old one and the new version runs just fine.
Posted from Motorola xt875
0 Kudos
hk82
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 22 of 30 (7,353 Views)

I dont consider myself an idiot. I have installed, reinstalled, uninstalled many times with the Razr Maxx and Skype is not working with video calls. I will find out if this phone is set up for that, but calling us idiots just because yours works and ours does not.....hardly appropriate for you to start judging people..

md91411
Novel Tourist
Message 23 of 30 (7,002 Views)

it works fine with android 2.3.6 and latest skype just go to the application and remove the data settings -> application -> manage application then in skype delete data restart skype and it should tell you that the camera is not supportes and if you want to activate it any way say yes
essahar
Novel Tourist
Message 24 of 30 (5,592 Views)

I've tried everything. My phone just upgraded to 4.1.2 and Skype still sucks. I can see and hear but my friends can only hear me, no video from my phone. Droid RAZR Max. My old droid-x still works fine on WiFi.
Posted from Toshiba AT200
0 Kudos
jhunt1966
Novel Adventurer
Message 25 of 30 (3,604 Views)

Hi - did you ever solve this problem? i'm having the exact same one - same phone and android version as you. Thanks.

0 Kudos
rf181
Novel Tourist
Message 26 of 30 (2,353 Views)

Bump. Found similar issue from TWO THOUSAND ELEVEN.

Need option to switch to speakerphone on video call. Skype, please fix this.
0 Kudos
Davadin
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 27 of 30 (1,502 Views)

I found out what will guarantee you working video chat! Follow these steps and you will be charting with your friends in no time.

1.) Open your camera up

2.) Switch camera to video mode

3.) Switch camera to front facing (screen side)

4.) Exit and run Skype video chat as a test and it should work. ( be sure to keep the camera setting the same in order for the video to show up for your friends.

Please tell every Droid RAZR M user who wants the most out of Skype. Thank you for reading!
Posted from Motorola XT907
0 Kudos
BossLeopard
Novel Adventurer
Message 28 of 30 (1,377 Views)

How do you do this?  I am dense and need very detailed instructions - very much need this working!!!

0 Kudos
mjmbandb
Novel Adventurer
Message 29 of 30 (974 Views)

How do you do this? I can't find the settings you're talking about.

0 Kudos
mjmbandb
Novel Adventurer
Message 30 of 30 (971 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling