Message Pending

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Message Pending

I am currently using an android. When I try to send a message it will still be pending for a long time. Is there a way to fix this?
Posted from SonyEricsson LT15i
geemoney1022
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 17 (7,892 Views)

Re: Message Pending

Woops sorry. I need to write a proper error report. I am currently using android gingerbread on a samsung replenish in the US. I am currently on Sprint and I use a combination 3G and wifi. My messages are still pending. Can someone help?
Posted from SonyEricsson LT15i
geemoney1022
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 2 of 17 (7,739 Views)

Same problem

I've experienced Skype IMs in the 'Pending' status for an excessive duration on Android, too. (In addition to infinitely-pending messages with the little spinning circle in Skype for Windows). I've always shrugged it off as a quirk - until I missed a business meeting today and the other party didn't get my message. Needless to say, I'm looking for a real solution now.

In today's scenario, I'm using:

• HTC Merge
  • Android 2.3
  • Skype 2.7.0.907

I sent the IM at about 2:30 PM. It's now about 6:30 PM and the message is still in the 'Pending' state.

What's worse, my client and I picked up the conversation via our Windows Skype clients just now, and new messages sent/received from Windows are showing up in my Android Skype conversation. The old message, however, is just stuck in the 'Pending' state.

I've restarted Skype on Android, and restarted Android, itself. Neither has jarred the old message loose.

• Has anyone else encountered Skype for Android messages stuck in the 'Pending' state - and, if so, is there a workaround? 
Mannion
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 3 of 17 (7,694 Views)

I am having this issue as well. I'm using a Samsung captivate, 2.3.5 gingerbread. It doesn't matter if I'm on Wi-Fi or mobile data, all my messages say pending!
athdaraxen
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 17 (7,144 Views)

same thing with my skype on samsung galaxy s3

kcnet1
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 17 (7,137 Views)

I'm also experiencing the same problem on Samsung Galaxy S3 on Verizon.

westonruter
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 17 (7,044 Views)

Same problem here on S3 international. I tried reinstalling it but same issue.

0 Kudos
josephgraddy
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 17 (6,830 Views)

Same here on my HTC Vivid Running ICS.

0 Kudos
deadslayer16
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 17 (6,808 Views)

same thing on htc g2 with gingerbread

markman
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 17 (6,714 Views)

LG Optimus L7 w/ ICS and ALL messages I send in Skype for Android get marked as "pending". Looking at my logs in Skype for Windows shows they never went through, though Windows messages show up in the Android client while I am logged in to both applications.
Posted from Acer A510
Myrddin
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 17 (6,686 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling