Low sound in speaker and microphone Galaxy 10.3 an...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Low sound in speaker and microphone Galaxy 10.3 android 3.1 and Skype 2.0.0.47

Hi, Hope someone can help with this. When use SKYPE the microphone and speaker is really low. If use the Galaxy to make video recording and play back - the sound and recording is OK. Anyone has idea how to adjust/what to do?

0 Kudos
ahrentoft
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (2,261 Views)

Re: Low sound in speaker and microphone Galaxy 10.3 android 3.1 and Skype 2.0.0.47

I am not sure how the sound is set up on the Galaxy 10.3 as I guess it may be similar to my Galaxy S2 phone.

On my phone I am able to adjust the speaker sound by raising the "Media" volume up to a louder position.

The Media volume on my phone is in the settings under

> Settings

> Sound

> Volume

. . .  and there is a few volume adjustments here, including Media Volume.

Skype uses the "Media" Volume.

I hope this helps.

sawadee
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 81
Message 2 of 6 (2,229 Views)

Re: Low sound in speaker and microphone Galaxy 10.3 android 3.1 and Skype 2.0.0.47

In addition to the previous post, there has been a few messages where users experience poor low volume ring tone on their Android phone devices.

I too have this problem of poor low ring tone volume when my Skype receives an incoming call on my Android Samsung Galaxy S2 with the latest 2.3 Gingerbread and latest Skype Android.

I have found that the incoming Skype ring tone volume can be heard if using my cable earpiece plugged into my phone, but the phone speaker is way too soft when I get an incoming Skype ringing call.  This problem is worst when out on the (noisy) street and my phone is in my pocket. I often miss the incoming Skype ringing call.

Maybe Skype could in the near future add a feature on the Android phones and devices to choose the default Skype ring tone, or another sound option and including a choice to use the normal phones ring tone setting?

Steve

sawadee
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 81
Message 3 of 6 (2,228 Views)

Sawadee: Right on the button! Thanks!
0 Kudos
The_Booster
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 6 (1,927 Views)

I have the same problem with my Samsung GS2, did ou find a solution? It doesnt seem as if Skype offered a solution and here we are one year later. Any app's on the market that solves this problem? 

Thanks,

Ole 

0 Kudos
olealstrup
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (1,686 Views)

I have an LG Revolution and I cannot get the speaker to work only when using Skype. I have made all the proper adjustments and called my carrier, they said it was a Skype issue
0 Kudos
Snitr20
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 6 (1,666 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling