Is there a charge for using video call on my andro...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Is there a charge for using video call on my android phone?

I lately purchased an LG Optimus L9 android phone and did install SKYPE.

After my first trial I got a message informing me that I have 20 free video calls left.

My question: after 20 video calls will have to pay to use video calls on my phone?

Thanks.

Jacques

0 Kudos
LGphone
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (533 Views)

Re: Is there a charge for using video call on my android phone?

LGphone wrote:

My question: after 20 video calls will have to pay to use video calls on my phone?

Hello,
Yes you will.

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
0 Kudos
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1471
Message 2 of 4 (528 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Did you receive this information on the French language Forum?

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
0 Kudos
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1471
Message 3 of 4 (454 Views)

Hi Jacques,
Can you please double check if the message said "20 free video calls" or "20 free video messages"? It should be the latter, but maybe you used Skype for Android with non-English user interface language.

Skype Video messages are the video equivalent of a voicemail and you need Skype Premium for extended access to these.
Skype video calls are free when they are between two users. You only need Skype Premium for group video calls.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
0 Kudos
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13480
Message 4 of 4 (439 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling