Installing mobile skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Installing mobile skype

I am installing skype on a Samsung.  The "agreements" include allowing the App to take over my storage, to make phone calls which will cost me money without my "intervention" and virtually take over my phone.  Does anyone understand this and why would you allow such an App on your phone.  Has anyone in his or her right mind ever installed skype on an android??  

dixc3612
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 5 (382 Views)

Re: Installing mobile skype

People these days
Posted from Motorola DroidX
jose9349123
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 5 (365 Views)

Hi

Unfortunately, we live in a world these days, where the hunger and desire for people to have the luxury of a "Mobile Phone" at the expense of high cost mobile phone services is a costly "must have" commodity we (people) put ourselves into such costly situations.

Skype, in my personal opinion, is merely an App available for mobile phone "sufferers", to help them keep their costly luxury mobile phone expenses down.

Tip.  Use Skype wisely for peace of mind, fear not the mobile phone providers for leading us into temptations.

sawadee
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 82
Message 3 of 5 (354 Views)

I don't entirely agree - there is frequently a sound quality difference between the laptop's built-in sound system and the phone, which is a natural consequence of speaking into the mictophone directly and holdig your ear to the phone's "loudspeaker".
0 Kudos
Yzi
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 5 (229 Views)

nokia n79
Posted from Nokia N79
0 Kudos
ismail.hsen
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 5 (178 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling