IMPORTANT BUG: Skype for android version 2.7.0.090...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

IMPORTANT BUG: Skype for android version 2.7.0.0907 deletes caller ID

hi guys,

i want to report a serious bug occurring with Skype for android 2.7.0.0907 from 16 february 2012.

The past week i had issues with my caller ID that was not being shown when calling from windows app and at first i thought it could have been related to the new windows app that was recently updated. So i emailed support, got angry to them since it was like the issue was always coming up regardless if we verify the number again, etc etc...

Then today i finally found out what the problem is: EVERY TIME i load skype on my android phone, (Samsung galaxy s2), that would wipe out the caller ID setting that i have on my skype account!!!! Regardless if the number is verified or not!

I know it seems strange but this bug is really real. Yesterday one support agent removed my caller ID number from the account, so that we could start fresh, so i added my number again, had the confirmation sms and today after the 24 hours, worked sweet from the windows app.

But every time i load, even for a second, the skype app on my android, the setting is wiped out again!! If after doing that i load the windows app, is not showing either.

If i close skype on the phone, go back to my account via web and set the active number again (already verified and OK), then when i go back to the windows app, everything is up and running again, either via sms or call, tested 5 times.

This is really a loop so guys please do not update your phone to version 2.7.0.0907 from 16 february 2012!!!!!! Especially if you like to use your caller ID, which i think you do!

Please share your experience if is doing the same for you too!

Gabrio

gabriolinari
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 15 (2,227 Views)

Re: IMPORTANT BUG: Skype for android version 2.7.0.0907 deletes caller ID

Wow! that really seems like an annoying bug.Well written and accurately put.I think it would definately help users and developers both.

0 Kudos
tejas24
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 15 (2,102 Views)

[ Edited ]

thanks tejas, just for the note, i just rolled back to 2.6.0.95 after 30 minutes of search for an old link :bigsmile:, and caller ID works just fine when calling home from my Android phone and it doesn't wipe out the caller ID from skype account via web. i will stick to the old version for now. :happy:

Gabrio

0 Kudos
gabriolinari
Experienced Adventurer
Message 3 of 15 (2,096 Views)

I've found that as long as I stay logged in on my android phone, the caller ID stays enabled. Only gets wiped out when I log out, which happens every time I have to shut off my phone for some reason or another. I have the almost the same phone you do, Samsung Galaxy S. I emailed support ... I do hope they fix this soon! Very annoying!
dexmis5
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 4 of 15 (2,006 Views)

Help SKYPE Team - How do I go about fixing this. I am having this exact issue and don't know how to downgrade to an earlier version. I am surprised this has not already been fixed since this was a February 16th update. In the future I am opt not to update the latest version of Skype since the earlier version was working fine.

SKYPE Team - what is the latest on this since it appears to be an update issue. I too have the android version 2.7.0.0907 and the problem just started when I updated to this version.

0 Kudos
wmpolson
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 15 (1,951 Views)

Same problem here (Smasung Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.0.2 ICS) and it's a bit annoying. One of the key reasons for using Skype is the Caller ID function but if I can't rely on it I may as well use Google Call (no caller id in the UK).

Any advice on a fix, or how to install a previous working version?

Thanks,

gt40

0 Kudos
gt40
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 15 (1,918 Views)

guys, i am SO "happy" to hear that i found a very annoying bug.

as for your requests of help, i have uploaded the .apk to my drop box the previous release of skype (2.6.0.95) that i found by doing a search online, i have to say that is not the easiest thing to find it as on all "markets" and public places you find the latest version.

it works perfect on my Samsung Galaxy S2, Android release is 2.3.4 stock

you first have to uninstall the "current" release you have, from your apps list, or by clicking the market "my applications"..

here : http://db.tt/gCicj55w

then obviously, the market will remind you that there is an update and make sure you disable automatic update. sooner or later they will fix it, if you guys can tell support they will get on it quicker, i already contacted them using all possible means as i wrote in the first message :bigsmile:

seeya

Gabrio

gabriolinari
Experienced Adventurer
Message 7 of 15 (1,908 Views)

gt40 wrote:

Same problem here (Smasung Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.0.2 ICS) and it's a bit annoying. One of the key reasons for using Skype is the Caller ID function but if I can't rely on it I may as well use Google Call (no caller id in the UK).

Any advice on a fix, or how to install a previous working version?

Thanks,

gt40

hi GT

not sure what you mean with "no caller ID in the UK" as i am in the UK and it perfectly works with my UK +44 number w/ caller id either for SMS or call w/ the previous version that i just shared here.

gabrio

0 Kudos
gabriolinari
Experienced Adventurer
Message 8 of 15 (1,907 Views)

Same problem here when using LG Optimus V.  Skype please repair this soon.  Many people will not answer their phone if a caller ID is not presented.

0 Kudos
cmhdphughes
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 15 (1,853 Views)

yup, this is a horrible horrible bug that basically makes Skype useless for my Android at this point... I'm about ready to cancel the entire service and completely switch over to Google Voice even though I have been a paying Skype customer for 5 years. Skype customer service has not been responsive enough and the fact that they're still working on this after almost a month since the buggy release makes me question their commitment to customers. What a terrible experience!

juanw33
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 10 of 15 (1,791 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling