How to get the old skype version

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

How to get the old skype version

I have an X10mini pro, with the new update I can't make my mic work when I'm making a call, also the new interface is not as good as the old one. It is a right for the user if they want to downgrade the software their using to do so.

0 Kudos
garciaoneris
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (1,870 Views)

Re: How to get the old skype version

There is a post "How can I downgrade to old Android version?" in this forum. (See the Top Kudoed Posts!) Sadly a link to that post is not allowed:

http://community. skype.com/t5/Android/How-can-I-downgrade-to-old-Android-version/td-p/2340

Basically just google for „Skype 1.0.0.983 apk“. (Best check the checksum before installing.)

0 Kudos
hdeath
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 17
Message 2 of 9 (1,863 Views)

yes i have googled that earlier but using that how can i have warranty of being downloading a not contaminated version

0 Kudos
garciaoneris
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 9 (1,816 Views)

That's why navossoc gave us the MD5 checksum in the other thread ""How can I downgrade to old Android version?". Check if that matches your downloaded file.

0 Kudos
hdeath
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 17
Message 4 of 9 (1,807 Views)

yes I agree, version older than 5.3 was better, if anyone can let me know how to reload version 4 I would be grateful.
0 Kudos
sunbeam
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 9 (1,566 Views)

Hi, there is a website where you can download old versions, it is just that on this page the name cannot be given.
0 Kudos
sunbeam
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 9 (1,559 Views)

yes i have the same problem... please help... i want the old skype back... i have no idea what to do! how do i get it and what do i have to do?
0 Kudos
MAMACITA_ROSA
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 9 (1,459 Views)

If you are looking for an older version of Skype ie: v1.xxx ,try www freewarelovers . com / android / apps /skype old_versions .[ Not able to post direct links here.]Go to bottom of page & it shows all old versions.:wink:

IF MY POST HAS HELPED YOU,PLEASE CLICK MY KUDOS,THANKS.
martin-redman
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 150
Message 8 of 9 (1,455 Views)

I would like to get back an older version of Skype for Mac, as I find the last 3 versions have got increasingly less intuitive and harder to use. I run Mac OS 10.6.8. What's the oldest available that works on it? I'm happy to do without the online support.

0 Kudos
johnpryce
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 9 (1,094 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling