How do I log off Skype on my Samsung Galaxy?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

How do I log off Skype on my Samsung Galaxy?

Ok so this sounds like a really stupid question and am sure the answer is more than likely very simple but I can not work out how to log off skype on my Samsung Galaxy or even log in another user. Someone please help? Worst case... how do I delete the Skype application from my Samsung Galaxy?

0 Kudos
jodes_80
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (34,815 Views)

Re: How do I log off Skype on my Samsung Galaxy?

In the Menu->More->Sign out -> then you may exit Skype or Sign In as a different user.  

(Previously Sign Out option was in My Info -> Menu -> Sign Out)

Check up some Youtube videos too - search for "Skype Android" (example from user appjudgment at 3:33 or the Skype demo from user pocketnowvideo ).  

0 Kudos
rtt007
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 6 (34,802 Views)

Hi the solution is to go to settings- application manager-find Skype and click on it and then click on- force stop , and then Skype will temporarily be off
Posted from Samsung GT-I9000
shikhaswroop
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 6 (26,447 Views)

This is rediculous, since the freaking MS bought skype, skype serves like a **bleep**! I predict that after three years, there is no skype in the world anymore.

benjaminv
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 6 (25,461 Views)

open the logged in skype screen & make a click in, down, left side touch button of the handset.{in handset bottom line, three buttons are there, 1. middle button 2. Right side button(ie. back) 3. left side button.(use the left side button)} 5 line display will come. In that log off option is there. Click logoff option.

0 Kudos
dselvadhas1979
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 6 (14,769 Views)

jodes_80 wrote:

Ok so this sounds like a really stupid question and am sure the answer is more than likely very simple but I can not work out how to log off skype on my Samsung Galaxy or even log in another user. Someone please help? Worst case... how do I delete the Skype application from my Samsung Galaxy?

Hi I went crazy too - intil I hit the space to the left of the black button at the bottom in the middle of the phone. A menu came up which had 'Sign out' on it (Along with Add people, Add Number Mark as all read Settings) - Yipppeeee

0 Kudos
bruc0
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 6 (14,563 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling