Green screen with video call

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Green screen with video call

I had an update on my android tablet version of Skype today. Prior to update I had no problems making video calls. Now the other user can hear me but only sees a green screen. I have made sure that I am on the correct camera and all. On my tablet I am seeing the view from my camera just fine, but the other end of my call does not.

Help.

donorjean
Novel Tourist

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

This is a manufacturer problem: eg inear the first of July, HTC gave the update from 3.32... to 3.33... to some countries but not to others such as in Canada. Heck, call HTC Canada and they go 'Huh??'. Call them and tell them you want the problem solved: release the 3.33.401.6 (Sensation)/3.33.401.106 Sensation XE to the rest of us. HTC Canada is 1-866-449-8358.

View solution in original post
carrielango
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 22
Message 1 of 145 (31,022 Views)

Re: Green screen with video call

What tablet device do you have and which operating system version is it running?

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13001
Message 2 of 145 (30,925 Views)

My android is
froyo.bojj3
firmware version is 2.2.
model gt-p1000 / samsung galaxy tab
kernel version 2 6 32 9

i have the same problem??
0 Kudos
mattack1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 145 (30,913 Views)

There should be a firmware upgrade to Android 2.3 available for your Galaxy Tablet. This should fix the issue for you.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13001
Message 4 of 145 (30,905 Views)

I am waiting for this answer too.  We had two toshiba thrive tablets working perfectly. Now the person you are skyping only sees a green screen.  Trying to look up firmware updates, but have had no luck so far.  This is very frustrating.

lbehrbehr
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 5 of 145 (30,895 Views)

I do have the latest skype on both toshiba thrive tablets android 3.1 and still nothing but green.

lbehrbehr
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 6 of 145 (30,895 Views)

i have the toshiba thrive tablet. it is running android 3.1. 

i had no problems making video calls on skype until i updated to the latest version yesterday. 

Posted from Motorola Xoom
carrielango
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 22
Message 7 of 145 (30,876 Views)

Same exact problem here.  I can see the video on my Toshiba Thrive of the person I am calling but the person I am calling can only see a green screen.  I have Skype v 2.6.0.75 on the Thrive and Skype v 5.7 beta on the PC that is being used to communicate with the Thrive.  HELP!!!

alfinkel24
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 8 of 145 (30,856 Views)

Please fix this issue promptly. I was able to skype with my boyfriend in Afghanistan until you pushed the update to his tablet. You guys are killing us!

Jewels812
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 9 of 145 (30,845 Views)

I just installed Yahoo Messenger with the video chat plugin on my Thrive.  I was up and video chatting in a matter of minutes.  Luckily most of the folks I talk to via video chat also have Yahoo accounts.  Works great!

0 Kudos
alfinkel24
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 10 of 145 (30,828 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling