Re: Green screen with video call

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Done that & its still green, I was on that version because Bluetooth worked & it went green as soon as we got ics on the HTC sensation, if there is a chip fix why has it not been issued, something sounds dodgy
Posted from Motorola xt875
0 Kudos
knightz_
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 81 of 145 (2,911 Views)

Hello. , yes yes yes i have the same problem. Nice. HTC sensation XE with beats audio. Android 4.0.3 of corse. Congratulations everyone. He he i hope skype (microsoft) fix a problem very soon
0 Kudos
sertleris
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 82 of 145 (2,844 Views)

I've got the same problem.....I tried all the possible actions but failed.
0 Kudos
eurotechno
Casual Tourist
Message 83 of 145 (2,840 Views)

SKYPE told us the TRUE, that within new Qualcomm drivers green video problem will be solved for Skype...

see: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1636752

Several users confirmed that after updating of drivers Skype is working correctly.

Now it is also up to HTC to make driver update for us ...

0 Kudos
radek_kafka
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 84 of 145 (2,770 Views)

So that means if i have rooted android i can install this driver and everything work good. Or i must wait when HTC offer us new diver uodate? Basicly i would like to know what i can do to fix this problem faster. Thank you.
0 Kudos
sertleris
Novel Adventurer
Message 85 of 145 (2,766 Views)

[ Edited ]

OK, I finally solved this!

First I flashed this driver http://tinyurl.com/blaxphz it didn't help on green screen problem

After that flashed this http://tinyurl.com/7m68cmp it is GPU update from this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1551714 ROM, and after the problem was gone.

And device is rooted HTC Sensation running 

Sharpy STRPT V0.17 (CM9 Android 4.0.4)

0 Kudos
TerlfY
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 86 of 145 (2,746 Views)

Whats going on? I dont have any idea what is rooted phone and which f......k driver i need. I just bought a phone and i would like use that normaly. Stupid. I dont have a time to fix all software problems which is not my fault. Thats rubish. (for all clever persons , basicly im very advanced but this is redicilous)
0 Kudos
sertleris
Novel Adventurer
Message 87 of 145 (2,708 Views)

Re: Green screen with video call, solved thanks to TerlfY

the solution workd, after 1 year of waiting, thanks so much TerlfY & XDA devs, you guys are awsome, i cant say the same about skype and htc thou , problem solved , no more green screen

0 Kudos
cidfarzan
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 88 of 145 (2,665 Views)

Same problem here with my HTC sensation XE with beats audio

Upgraded to Android version 4 and outgoing video calls are green. Same for front and back camera

Skype and HTC are absolute knobheads knowing the problem exists and not fixing it or  admitting to it.

I want a normal solution

I can't risk my phone by rooting it or installing other software :/

0 Kudos
super9ova
Novel Tourist
Message 89 of 145 (2,658 Views)

Here's my reply from HTC: 09/05/12

Thank you for contacting HTC regarding your HTC Sensation. My name is Mark and I am a Technical Support Agent for the HTC Written Team. I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with using the Skype app after the recent ICS update. The reason for this issue is that Skype have not yet released an update to there app to make it fully compatible with Android 4 ICS. I am confident that this issue will be resolved in the near future and I would like to apologies for any inconvenience.

0 Kudos
knightz_
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 90 of 145 (4,043 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling